Saturday, February 16, 2013

"Mares eat oats, and does eat oats, and little lambs eat Ivy...




"a kid'll eat ivy too... wouldn't you"...  remember that little old song?... originally an old nursery rhyme...   kinda silly...  but then, I am a kinda silly girl sometimes too...  like today...  maybe because the sun is shining, the sky is blue... and our temps are going to be in the 40's today...  hurray!...  it finally feels like Spring really IS coming this year!...


Are these just the cutest little lambs "ewe" have ever seen?...


Spring is showing up all over our home today...  little lambs, birdies, nests...  pastel flowers...  (pastel M&M's!)...


This little cutie actually belongs to Tessy...  my sister brought it to her from Scotland a year or so ago...  but Tessy said mama could "borrow" it for a while... (no Tessy... don't take it...  let mama play with it for a bit... I promise I will give it back to you...  soon...  maybe) ...


Wishing "ewe" all a beautiful, sunshiny, blue~skies,  laugh and be~silly... happy Springtime kinda day...  xoxo...  Julie Marie


12 comments:

Country Gal said...

Cute post and photos ! I have that song in my head now lol ! Have a wonderful day !

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

I love that song, and what's wrong with being silly anyway! Happy Weekend

Susan said...

Beautiful little vignette. Love the little lamb.

NanaNor's said...

With the sun shining here and the temps being in the 50's, it does feel like spring time. Love your lambs(I've collected them too) and the greenery.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Noreen

Blondie's Journal said...

Very sweet! It's 18 degrees here, I wish I had a wooly coat!

XO,
Jane

Dawn LL said...

The faces are priceless on those lambs. I just love them, I think Tessy is sweet to let you use them.
Hugs my friend

Blessed Serendipity said...

How cute! My Grandma used to sing that song to me when I was a little girl. Keep dreaming of spring.

xo Danielle

NanaDiana said...

Wishing EWE a happy Saturday night, too, Julie Marie. Don't you just love those little lambs? How long before you can truly see a bit of Spring in your area? For us it is around the first of May- xo Diana

Kate said...

HI Julie Marie

Love love this sweet post!!! Wishing you a wonderful spring time
and sending you lots of spring love and happiness

xoxo
Kate

Anonymous said...

LOVE THESE CUTIES!!!
I LOVE MY SHEEP FROM SCOTLAND TOO... GLAD YOU ARE POSTING SPRING THINGS IT MAKES ME SMILE.
THANKS FOR THE BIRDCAGE IT MAKES ME SMILE TOO.

LOVE YOU JU

FILLY

Edie Marie's Attic said...

O what a wonderful memory you brought back to me with this post Julie Marie. My darling Daddy was a musician and this is the first song he taught me how to sing! It makes my heart sing just thinking about it. Thank you dear Julie for such an adorable post and a flash back in time!

Big hugs, Sherry

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Julie, Isn't this the cutest post ever. I just adore those sweet little lambs. Your 40's sounds like a heat wave. I know you are so ready for springtime and your home is a true inspiration.
I have always loved that sweet little song too and will be singing it all day now. LOL

Love you, Celestina Marie