Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hedgehog Love...


I am absolutely smitten with Hedgehogs!...  I think they are just the cutest little critters ever... as I told you in a previous post, Hedgehogs are not native to North America, and those that are here have been brought here (or born here in captivity) as pets...  I would love to see one, but I am one of those Nature lovers who thinks God's precious little wild critters should remain in their natural habitat...  with hedgerows to play in and other Hedgehogs nearby...  but in the meantime, I can still enjoy my own little Hedgehogs...  I just ordered two darling handmade "felted" ones from an Etsy shop...  I will post them when they arrive here in their new home... and is this the sweetest little Springtime Hedgehog ever!...  and of course the bunny and squirrel are precious too!...


This is actually a picture I took of a candy wrapper off of some chocolates I bought here that are made in Britain by House of Dorchester Ltd.   I love that they came here all the way from the old town of Dorchester in the County of Dorset, England... Filly and Ellie are going back to England for a visit the end of April...  I hope they will take some photos of the little darling Hedgehogs playing about freely in the London Springtime hedgerows... wishing you all a beautiful Sunday...  daydreaming about things that make you smile... like sweet little Hedgehogs... and Springtime...  be happy!...   xoxo...  Julie Marie

Happy Birthday today Ellie!!!


14 comments:

  1. I love Hedgehogs too. That looks like Mrs Tiggywinkle in the Beatrix Potter books ... love those so much.
    Have a lovely Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are cute little critters! Can't wait to see what you've ordered!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post Julie! I love hedgehogs too. That paper is super cute. WE have been talking about getting a hedgehog for a couple of years now. There is a hedgehog farm not too far from here. The babies are adorable. We hold them and visit them whenever we can. They are funny to watch. They roll into a ball and shoot across the floor, lol. I have bought Savannah a few books and things with them, she loves them too. Whenever I think of woodland animals, I think of hedgehogs :)
    Love ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie Marie

    I love the story behind the little hedgehogs. They are quite fascinating little creatures and I agree that God made these littles to be in their own enviroment. Happy Birthday to your Ellie

    hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Smile on my face reading this. I had hedgehogs in my garden once upon a time, but then the badgers came and the hedgies moved out . .
    Pretty little springtime bouquet too, full of daffies and bluebells and springtime delights!
    Waiting, patiently, to see your lovelies . .
    Deb C♥ xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your little felted hedgehogs. Aren't they just the cutest little things? I would love to see one in person. I would have bought that chocolate bar just for the wrapper- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE PIC!!
    WE HAD A GREAT DAY AND ELLIE HAD A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!! WE WILL DEF TAKE TONS OF PICS WHEN WE ARE IN ENGLAND AGAIN... SPRING IS A GORGEOUS TIME THERE. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR NEW PURCHASES. LOVE YOU JU
    FILLY XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! My DIL LOVES them and just made some birthday cards with a hedgehog image on it. She uses Copic Markers to color them and she makes them come to life!
    Your photos are always so gorgeous. You have a great talent for photography Julie.

    big hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Julie Marie, this pic is so darling. Hedgehogs are sweet little critters for sure. They look so innocent and playful.
    Miss B used to love a little toy we gave her of a hedgehog. She carried her sweet friend all over the house with her. It was delightful.
    Wishing you a happy Monday dear friend.
    XO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hedgehogs are truly adorable :) I look forward to seeing your new critters. And I love your new header! Beautiful, my friend.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always liked Beatrix Potter's hedgehogs. I think she had a pet one too. I have her biography somewhere here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad I stumbled on your blog! Hedgehogs are one of my favourites (along with Welsh Corgis and Foxes). My aunt's little friend, 'Elvis', had the sweetest disposition and most lively eyes!
    All the best,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never seen a hedgehog but I have read many story books about them. They are the cutest wee critters. I look forward to seeing your felted one. Happy birthday to your Ellie. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete