Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Winter Nature Walk...



It's been so cold and snowy here, plus I was down with that nasty cold, that we haven't taken a Nature walk for a while...  come with me today!...  I am TRYING to embrace winter this year, like many of you say you are trying to do as well...  it's one thing if you actually LIKE winter, but I am a Spring~Summer~Autumn girl who loves sunshine and warm weather...  BUT...  I also love Nature and need to check on all God's precious little creatures who call this countryside I love their home as well...  like Mama Quail...  high up in my Crabapple tree...  snatching the little crabapples and nibbling away on them... 


Here's Daddy Quail and some more of the little Quail family...  under the birdfeeders where Jack has shoveled away alot of the snow for them so they can eat...


Our little Lesser Goldfinch are little sparklers in the snow...


Let's head down the trail...  Tessy will lead the way...


I don't think we'll stop and rest on the bench today...  I think that's the bench under there???...


Okay, okay...  I will say this much...  the trail DOES look beautiful today!!!...


See...  I am smiling!...  kinda...  sorta...

 
Maybe that's because I am picturing in my mind how this house I love at the end of our walk  looks in Spring...


Okay, I think I am still a winter whiner...  I would much rather see flowers and grass and blossoms and cosy front porches...  any other winter whiners out there with me???...  hmmmm???...  xoxo...  Julie Marie

Here is our weather forecast for today and the next few days...  oooh look!... the temp is  17.5 but feels like 18... my yes, that is MUCH better!... tee hee hee!...


 Well...  it feels like a heat wave after Sunday's temps!...


7 comments:

Penny Phillips said...

I'm a winter whinner too! Your temp is the same as ours but we don't have the snow. Thank you so much for letting us join you in your walk...the snow was beautiful and I really enjoyed looking at it(not being in it..lol)! hugs, Penny

Deborah Celtic Heart said...

Well, Tessy seems to be enjoying the change in the weather, wrapped up warmly too, she is. We did not get snow, so I am disappointed, but thank you for sharing yours! Lights and snow are made for each other!

Deb C♥ (from snow~less Wales!)

Country Gal said...

Still lovely regardless of all the snow . Awesome photos ! Sounds like some of that snow will be melting with those temps . Thanks for taking us on your walk I had fun ! Have a good day !

Olive said...

The quail are beautiful. You can rest assured your spring will be beautiful after all that snow. I am unsure of my spring after this odd heat we are having-we will have weeds and mosquitoes I fear. It was 76 today and I washed my car barefoot:}

NanaNor's said...

Hi sweetie, You sure are brave to go outside in this cold. I am feeling the same way-I love warm summer days and cozy autumn afternoons. I do love the snow but not going outside to much in it. Let's dream of spring and apple blossoms. I do miss Quail; we had so many in Ca. but here don't see any. There is a bird called a Chucker that is a relative but not nearly so precious as Quail.
Hugs, Noreen

Mari said...

Hi my sweet friend, sorry but I'm a winter lover....lol
Please don't think me crazy, but I am not a summer lover, as they say if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen....heehee that's moi.....
I do love the fall.....
Its always a pleasure when you come over for a visit, feel better sweetie ;)

Big hugs~
Mari

Dawn LL said...

I am so NOT a winter lover, we have ICE right now and it is cold and slippery...yuck!
I so want Spring,Summer, or even Fall
Hang on it is coming soon