Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mrs. Santa's Vintage Cowgirl Boots...



Just like the real Santa Claus has "helpers" (remember your mama telling you that when you were a little girl... and you asked her how Santa could be at EVERY store???  all at the same time???...)  well...  the real MRS. Santa Claus has "helpers" too...  all across the country and around the world...  in my little rural town, Mrs. Santa Claus's "helper" wears boots of course...  but they are vintage white cowgirl boots... beautiful ones that once were worn by the Miss Apple Blossom Festival Queen in Wenatchee, Washington... a festival that has been going on for over ninety years...  for real... (purchased several years ago from  a pretty lady named Kelly at Farmstead Lifestyle)... yep...  Mrs. Santa's "helper" is a farmgirl at heart...  says the North Pole is just too darn cold for her...  she is quite outspoken too, this particular "helper" of the real Mrs. Claus...  says Santa always gets all the credit for Christmas, when infact, it is the "Mrs." who really does most of the work...  Julie Marie, oops, I mean Mrs. Santa's "helper" says she has been doing the shopping, the decorating, the wrapping, the crafting, the cooking, the baking, yada, yada, yada, while Jack, I mean,  Mr. Santa's "helper" is sitting in his favorite chair watching an old movie and eating chocolate peanut butter cups... resting up for the big night I suppose...  she says she loves him anyway!...


But, who do you think REALLY opened all those letters from little kids, and checked their lists... and made sure sizes were right on clothes for them, and that no candy canes were broken... and fed the reindeer... and cleaned up after the reindeer, and walked the reindeer and mended the elves stocking caps... and... and...  okay all of you Mrs. Santa's "helpers"...  take your boots off, put your feet up... fix yourself something warm and yummy to drink...  grab your latest copy of Romantic Homes and relax... you've done your part...  now it's up to Mr. C!...  xoxo...  Mrs. Santa's Helper in Centerville, Julie Marie  Linking this post to Vintage Christmas with Debra at Common Ground... 

Friday, December 14th...  like all of you, my heart is aching for the victims of this day's events.  I will be away from posting for a while, taking time to pray for all of the victims, their families, the emergency personnel who responded and their families, for all of the world who was affected by this tragic day...  and hold tightly to my own loved ones...

24 comments:

  1. Well, you can take your boots off but don't set them down by me or they will be g.o.n.e. I love them! I want a pair of cowboy boots in the worst way...but I am holding out to find the just right pair- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post , love those cowgirl boots ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boots and the candy canes are just perfect ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want those boots! How cute they look all ready for the holidays (and you too, of course).
    Farmhouse holiday hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet country look!!!!!! Love it! New Follower. Follow me back:) Stop by www.sewsweetvintage.com I posted http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/12/let-it-snow_13.html to the party:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie, I love your boots. The perfect pair for this Texas girl.
    You display them so pretty with the greens and candycanes.
    I love your story. As always so fun to read your posts.
    Sending hugs, Celestina Marie XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie Marie your boots are wonderful! I bet you love wearing them. They are pretty cute as decorations too. :)

    xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie Marie, Those cowgirl boots are so cute! Just a perfect touch for the holidays! Have a wonderful week!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable post, and I love those boots!!!
    Hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so right Julie Marie...Santa couldn't pull it off without the Mrs.

    Your decorated boots look awesome!
    sending love...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love these boots, guess I have never seen in white, love the doily and candy cane you put in them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie Marie, the boots are fantastic - love them!
    Cute post :)

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those boots!
    Have a fabulous weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear you my friend....Hee, hee, hee. Cute post. Love them cowgirl boots...They remind me of my weddin' boots :-)

    Warm hugs,
    ❤Ana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cowgirl boots bring back fond memories for me...my niece resides in Austin Texas. I had the wonderful opportunity to visit for her wedding. It was an amazing event with family. I fell in love with Austin.
    I like decorating with items that add a sentimental feeling.

    Come by for a visit. I'll put the kettle on.

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, the big C couldn't do it without Mrs C! Love your boots... reminds me of my old ones oh so many years ago. Too bad I didn't keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julie Marie,
    The cowgirl boots are adorable.

    Wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog earlier this week too.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    xoxo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea! Love all your boots. El

    ReplyDelete
  19. Popped over really fast to see what you are up to my friend and love this! Thank you so much Julie Marie for sending me a card...you are so thoughtful:-)). I don't mail out cards anymore, but want to wish you and Jack a beautiful Holiday season....

    xoxo
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL!! So true! Love your cowboy boots all decorated up for the holidays! How clever! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julie Marie Dearest,
    These boots are fantastic all dressed up for Christmas.I was looking at the ice skates below and how beautiful they are also.A lovely post.My older brothers were the best at keeping Santa alive in my heart for the longest...LOL.
    Merry Christmas Darling,
    XXOO Marie Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello, Ms. Santa helper,
    I would park those cute boots right by my front door to greet all of my guests!! I love your imagination and wit, Julie Marie! So much fun to "believe" at this time of year, and I do "believe" in the magic of Christmas. I am wishing you and Jack a very merry Christmas and the happiest of new years~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute, Julie! Mrs. Claus is a real fashion diva! You styled them just right.
    Big hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julie Marie!

    Just catching up on all your pretties! Love those Mrs Claus cowgirl boots!! The skates that Celeste painted are awesome - she's soo good isn't she?! And Tessy... she just steals the whole show. What a cutie pie!

    Much love and warm hugs being sent to you this holiday season Julie. We're so blessed to have you as a friend! Sherry

    ReplyDelete