Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Believe...



Good morning ladies... just a short post here...  usually, when I sit down to post,  the words come easily to me and I could oft times write a book I have so much to say...  for the past week however, the words just don't seem to come to me to express all I am feeling, as I know you all are too...  some bloggers are staying silent, many are posting beautiful tributes... we all grieve in our own ways... I did a post of remembrance the other night for all of the victims in Connecticut...  but ended up pulling it as the words were not exactly what I wanted to say... my heartaches and prayers continue for them all...  my heart told me I needed to post something... for everyone affected...  I do have a favorite word...  one that always comforts me...  I have it in alot of places in our home...  to remind me...  to always Believe...


Jack and I will be spending a quiet Christmas at home...  with one precious little stray dog who came to stay almost two years ago... who has not left my side for the past week...  Tessy knows her mama has been hurting... I call her my healing dog... she truly is a gift from God...  I just want to hold her and all of my family so much tighter than ever... we will be listening to beautiful Christmas carols... really listening to the words... and softly singing along with them... knowing that Jesus truly is the reason for the Season...


Christmas blessings to all of you... xoxo...  Julie Marie


16 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

Such a touching post. I too feel the need to grieve and really embrace the upcoming holiday. I hug my boys a little tighter each night.

Jeanine

Deb said...

Beautifully worded Julie Marie.
I feel the same way. And you showed Tessy she could BELIEVE in kindness & love ♥
Have a wonderful Christmas xo

NanaNor's said...

Hi dear one, I so understand your post-so many of us are grieving for those folks in CT. In fact, today is the first day I felt I could post. Every time I gaze on my grands I realize how awful it is for someone to loose a child or a family member. I'm glad you've got a new pup in the home to help. I didn't see that you had found a stray, so I'll go back to your previous post and see if I can find a photo. Have a warm, peaceful day.
Hugs, Noreen

Victoria said...

Beautifully said! I put a post up last Friday, when things were unfolding. But I feel the need to also celebrate Christmas, despite all the heaviness in our hearts, so I've been pushing myself to get into the spirit a bit more.

To think what the families directly affected are going through is heart wrenching:(

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Dear Noreen... we actually found our sweet Tessy two years ago come February... thank you so much for your comment... xoxo Julie Marie

Country Gal said...

A lovely post and photos ! I posted Sat as I hadn't heard of the tragedy yet I try to refrain from the news to depressing and then took a few days of silence after I had heard . My heart and prayers go out to all in this tragedy . A some what quiet Christmas for Papa ,myself and our girls.The kids will be coming down but only for the day. We here from Our Country Cove wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas !

Blondie's Journal said...

I hope you are feeling a bit more lighthearted with each passing day. There are so many mixed emotions going through our heads, but BELIEVE is just the perfect word to remember.

Merry Christmas to you, Jack and Tessy!

XO,
Jane

Celestina Marie said...

Der Julie Marie,
I understand too well. There are no words that can fully explain the emotions in ones heart, Your word does help, and yes, if we Believe, God does bring us through.

I pray for the families of lost loved ones for God's comfort in the days ahead.

Wishing you and yours a special Christmas and many blessings in the new year.
Love to you my dear friend,
Celestina Marie

Sherry "Edie" & Marie Antionette said...

Julie Marie,This post is indeed a truely beautiful and your woeds did come because you touch my soul.
Merry Christmas Dearest One,
And give Tessy some hugs from Hobie and Me.
XXOO Merry Christmas

Jann Olson said...

Julie Marie, this is such a beautiful tribute. I too love the word believe and have it many places in my home. It's hard to understand things like this. But we must never stop believing in God and our Savior. I have a 1st grade granddaughter. Every time I look at her my heart aches for all those who lost those precious little ones.
Hugs,
Jann

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

What a beautiful post... Wishing you a wonderful Christmas surrounded by the ones you love.

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Mde Julie-Marie

C est tres triste ce qui c est passé. c est loin de chez nous et en meme temps tres proche il a une enseignante qui a de la famille du Québec tout ce que nous pouvons souhaité c est que sa n arrive plus ...mais...
je vous Souhaite de passé de belle fêtes avec votre familles.

Carole L
Jonquière,Qc.

Stephanie said...

This touched my heart - thank you for writing this post.
Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Merci Carole... joyeux Noël... xoxo Julie Marie

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Beautiful post Julie. I have been feeling the same way. I call my dogs healing dogs too! They make me feel better. Believe is a beautiful, powerful word that has gotten me through some dark days in my life. I hope you, Jack and Tessy have a wonderful Christmas. Your photo of the houses in white is so pretty!
Lots of love to you sweetie pie,
Amy

Blessed Serendipity said...

To believe is to heal and to be loved. Sending love and hugs.

xo
Danielle