Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Gardener's Christmas...


I do love this blessed Season of Christmas...  and all of the beauty it brings...  but as a gardener... besides thinking about Christmas...  my thoughts are always on the Spring that is to come...  and my gardens that await...  many a long, cold winter's eve is spent lingering over seed catalogs...  a nice hot cup of tea at my side... planning and dreaming...  plotting and scheming... jotting down notes in my garden journal as I sit in a cozy chair in my bedroom by my little fireplace and start to dream...  so...  I decided to do a little "gardener's" Christmas of sorts on a little table in there...


A pretty little sparkly nest... a couple of vintage ornaments that graced our family tree when I was a little girl...  feeling blessed that I inherited a love of gardening and Nature and all living things from my mama, my grandmother and my great~grandmother...  much of my inspiration each year as I buy and plant my flowers still comes from their gentle whispers... my paperwhites are blooming now and they seemed like just the perfect touch for my little "gardener's" Christmas corner...


Remember when they looked like this...  just a couple of weeks ago?...  those are Jeanne D'Arc crocus just starting to peek up in my vintage sugar bowl...


For now...  I have the best of both Seasons... excited for Christmas... with just a bit of dreaming of my first blooms in Spring...  because that's what gardeners do, you know... 


Linking with my sweet gardening friend Tracie at Fish Tail Cottage for Natural Christmas decor this Tuesday...xoxo...  Julie Marie


8 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

Yes...that is what gardeners do. I believe our gardens stay in our hearts no matter what the season. Good idea to make a special spot to plan and dream.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Sandi said...

Pretty pics Julie Marie!!! I still haven't gotten any paper whites. Maybe it is too late this year??
Hugs~

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I dream of blooming things all year long! I love your posts...they always make me feel warm and comforted by the love you exude. Blessings to you- xo Diana

Vintage Gal said...

Absolutely ~ that is what gardners do. Love this. I do it too. Pouring over the seed catalogues and dreaming of next season. I also KNOW that the winter sleep is wonderful for our gardens ;-)

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

What a cute little gardening vignette! I can just picture you with your tea going over seed packets and planning. So sweet. I love your new profile picture! Nice! Pretty lady :)
Karen

Country Gal said...

It's nice to have flowers blooming during the winter season . My African Violets are full of blooms , pinks, purples its great. My how those paper whites have grown ! Have a good day !

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Julie Marie,
Your garden is going to be beautiful again this spring from the planning you are doing now.
My how you planting have grown. I love your garden vignette and the darling tote filled with treasures and the sweet bottle brush tree. Love it with the little berries on it.
My garden is still doing well and blooming but our temps are cooler now, so, I don't think they will last much longer. I will miss them till next spring.

XO Celestina Marie

Jann Olson said...

Yes, Julie Marie, that's what gardeners do! I am already dreaming of getting my hands into that rich dark soil. We have plans to build a potting shed in the Spring and my mind is overflowing with things I would love to do. Thanks for sharing your beautiful touch of nature!
Hugs,
Jann