Sunday, November 4, 2012

Vintage Christmas...



So...  I had the best of plans for today...  I have sooo much vintage Christmas along with all of my other Christmas decorations, I have to start waayy early every year to decorate and be through in time to relax and enjoy it all before Christmas... I did make some headway...  I sorted box after box after box of vintage Christmas first, and then planned on starting to sort everything else...  I had hoped to get my woodland tree done today, with a bit of Autumn in it to look pretty for Thanksgiving before it changes to all Christmas around here...


Well...  if you have followed my blog (thank you!) then you know how I get caught up in my daydreams of Christmases past when I get out my vintage ornaments...  happens every year...  whispers from the past get me distracted and I spent the entire day sorting and admiring all of my beautiful ornaments from days~gone~by... I have collected vintage Christmas my entire life and  many of mine date back prior to WWII... oooh the stories they have to tell!...  so, I have no other photos to show you tonight...  just the one above of some of my beautiful soft pink ornaments from the early 50's...  I actually have about ten more boxes of those I got at an estate sale...  I do an all pale~pink tree each year with them... then I will start on all of the other colored ornaments that go on different trees throughout our home...  I love the romantic look of my old ornaments... and I will spend the next couple of weeks carefully decorating with these precious treasures and post all of my pics then... are you dreaming of Christmas yet?...  I didn't think I was...  until today... xoxo...  Julie Marie  PS  I will finish my Autumn woodland tree tomorrow and show you soon!...


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your Woodland Tree, what a fun idea. Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of Christmas. I had thought of two small trees from the woods in pickle barrels. Keeping all decor simple but CC vetoed that and we are going big and crazy. Again. I always enjoy all you lovely vintage Christmas ornaments. xo, Olive

    ReplyDelete
  3. The woodland tree sounds like it's going to be fantastic! I can't wait to see it. But I know how you can get caught up in memories as you unbox the Christmas things. My kids wonder why it takes me so long! There are just so many memories! A always I will be starting later than everyone as we get the live tree. But I love the inspiration I get before then!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete