Monday, November 26, 2012

Our Christmas Farmstyle Kitchen...


Welcome to my country kitchen... my favorite room in our house... decorated for Christmas...  I am so proud of myself this year... I said I was going to simplify and I have... using what we already have... my kitchen is where I feel most Christmasy, maybe because it is reds and whites, and the cheeriest and coziest room to me... especially when I begin baking and it smells so Heavenly!...  I changed my Blue Willow that was in my corner hutch to my vintage red and white china...  I still have some pieces of it I want, but the pattern is very old and hard to come by, not to mention quite pricey...  so, I am happy with what I have!...  (well... maybe Santa will bring me just one  teeny weeny  piece???)...


I used some of my vintage ornaments mixed in here and there...  (I have between 300~400 vintage ornaments... too many to fit on the tree after my lifetime of collecting them!)...


Love the old mica covered Shiny Brites made in the USA ... the mica covered pinecones are Occupied Japan...


Mr. and Mrs. Claus from the 50's keep a careful watch on everyone...  have you been naughty or nice???...


Since Jack took the doors off of this corner hutch for me a while back I am so loving it, now with the open shelves I can see everything!...


A few candy canes and my favorite cookbooks...  Filly and Ellie gave me the Farm Chicks Christmas last year before Christmas so I could enjoy all of the cute decorations and yummy recipes in it!...


A simple shabby old coffeepot with evergreens and pinecones on our table...


A small tree in my old sap bucket looks just right on the tiny wall between our office and my laundry room...


That's it for my country kitchen this year!... perfectly simple!... xoxo...  Julie Marie   Linking up with Patti and Paula for What's It Wednesdays at Ivy and Elephants and also Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Christmas... 

17 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It looks lovely, Julie Marie. I love the red & white -is it Johnson Bros. Strawberry Fair? I have a couple of pieces but it is a rare as hens' teeth to find it...and super expensive.

Love your sweet little tree and everything else- xo Diana

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh I could move right in, would so fit my kitchen also...we really have such common taste.I just received a new oldie to add to my collection, my friend gave me an old log cabin that you put incense in that smells like pine trees. I have never seen before but she said it was popular in the 50's I believe.
Thanks for always sharing your pretties.
Hugs my friend

Heaven's Walk said...

Perfectly simple. Perfectly natural. Perfectly warm. Perfectly cozy! Love it all, Julie Marie! :)

xoxo laurie

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Yes Diana, it is Strawberry Fair Johnson Brothers... and yes, hard to find and super expensive!... I hope Santa has located some!... xoxo Julie Marie

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Your dishes are beautiful! You're inspiring me, I'm decorating my Holiday Cupboard tomorrow, and I've been needing some help. Love the little ornaments mixed in!

Deborah Celtic Heart said...

I do love your style. I especially love that tree in the sap bucket. C♥ xo

Sunray Gardens said...

I love the red and white dishes. I love red anyway.
Cher Sunray Gardens

Sherry "Edie" & Marie Antionette said...

Julie Marie,
Everything is just to gorgeous.The kitchen is so festive and the dishes are Beautiful.I love them.I also love Tessy in her Christmas outfit.To cute.Hobie would not even let me put a reindeer hat on her.The only thing she will wear is your blanket...LOL. I also like the pic of Tess sleepong.That is priceless.You know...You really take great pics.You have a gift there.Call me when you can.
Merry Christmas Dearest,
XXOO Marie Antionette

Deb said...

Such a welcoming country kitchen!
I love the sap bucket with miniature tree ♥

vicki said...

Hi Julie-- your country kitchen is perfect! Just the right touch of holiday spirit-- I love the vintage ornaments and your cute little tree. I think you've done it up beautifully--
Vicki

The Farmer's Daughter said...

Now, I am envious! How I'd love to have your red and white! I didn't start collecting soon enough--the prices went up! So, so lovely!

NanaNor's said...

Greetings, I always love your decorations and special touches; this was no exception-love your red & white china. I am not adding anymore decorations to our nest as it is so full and takes forever to put everything up at Christmas.
Have a great evening.
Hugs, Noreen

debra said...

oh I love that coffee pot centerpiece the most ! ( I like everything but that's my favorite )

I read your other Pearl Harbor post as well. Heartfelt and beautifully written...you brought tears to my eyes

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Lovely. That was clever to take the doors off and have everything more exposed and visible. Your vintage dishes are beautiful. I hope Santa gives you a piece to two this year!! Thanks for your sweet comment on the giveaway I won :)
Karen

sew sweet vintage said...

Red & White and Shiny Brite! LOVE it! New follower. Follow me too. I posted http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/12/upcycled-denim-christmas-stocking.html and Doily Tree to the Picket Fence:)

Cottage and Broome said...

I have the Strawberry Fair dishes too and just love them! I wish I had your tea pot. I love the ornament you mixed them with. Hope you are having a great holiday season, Laura

Susan said...

Oh I love your red and white dishes! They are gorgeous! Your home is lovely and you have decorated for Christmas very nicely!
I am now following you!