Thursday, November 29, 2012

Just one more vintage tree???... So much for simplifying!...



What to do...  I said I was going to simplify this year... so far I have... kinda... sorta... I was not going to use these beautiful pink vintage ornaments from the 50's this year...  I just have sooo many vintage ornaments which you will see in the rest of this post on our big vintage~decorated tree...  but these oh~so~softest palest~of~pale  pink balls keep tugging at my heartstrings... how can I keep precious memories and whispers of stories from Christmases long long ago packed away?...  can I???... I can't!... so much for simplifying... besides...  'tis the Season!... actually, I did simplify...  I didn't put out the gumdrop tree this year!... (does that count, even if it's only because I couldn't find the darn thing???)...  Jack loves our home all decorated too...  and I love how he smiles and listens to my stories... year after year... always the same...  as I excitedly tell him of how each and every ornament came to be mine...  "Jack!...  did I tell you about the time I found these beautiful pink ornaments?...  oh, I did?...  every year for the past 35 years?... well then, did I tell you about the time I found a teensie little vintage star in the bottom of one of the boxes?...  oh, I told you that too huh?... every year for 35 years now too?... how about when I was a little girl and... and..."  and he smiles at the excitement in my eyes and says tell him again anyway...  (I love that guy!)...  "well...  once upon a time"... tee hee hee!...  


 So it looks like today I will be looking for the perfect tree for my precious pink ornaments...   


For now, here is our big vintage decorated tree that holds between 300~400 vintage ornaments that I have lovingly collected over my lifetime...  many were mine when I was a little girl in the 50's... sooo...  here she is...  in all her vintage glory...  if you would like to see more photos of ALL of my vintage Christmas, (I am not going to post ALL of it again this year...  see, I simplified some more!)... you can just click on my November~December posts from the past three years... everything looks pretty much the same year to year as far as my vintage things go...  I keep saying I will not buy any more vintage Christmas...  but... we all know how that goes too!...


More precious vintage Christmas treasures underneath the tree...


Many of my treasures date prior to WWII... including the light sets above from the 30's...


Precious little elves and kneehuggers brought to life once more... I treasure each and every one of these and the beautiful memories they hold and stories they whisper to me of Christmases from days~gone~by...  xoxo...  Julie Marie  PS  Be sure to enter my "Tres Jolie" giveaway!...  leave me a comment on any of the last three posts, including this one, for three chances to win!...Linking this post to Vintage Inspiration Christmas with Debra at Common Ground...


31 comments:

deb said...

The boxes alone are a treasure ♥
Love hearing the sentimental stories behind each ornament. Our tree is the same ~ 35 years of memories all tied up for the Holidays xo

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Oh Julie, of course these precious sweeties need to be out and admired! Have a happy day! xoxo

Trisha said...

Oh wow do I love all of your vintage ornaments and decorations...they are perfect!

~Trisha

Blondie's Journal said...

Your tree is just beautiful! I know how you love your vintage ornaments and I think you should have them all out if that's what makes Christmas special for you. Have you thought about displaying them in a pretty bowl or making s garland with them to hang in the window? My daughter got me started on displaying the glass bulbs everywhere. My tree is a touch whimsical and I have started getting smaller and smaller trees each year as our family grows and there is less room! lol! Have to put those old ornaments somewhere!!

XO,
Jane

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Hi Jane... I would need a glass bowl the size of Toledo to put all my ornaments in... NEXT year I AM simplifying!... xoxo Julie Marie

Curtains in My Tree said...


Oh I love your pink vintage ball ornaments
How about a silver shinny tree from the 60's to put all your pink balls on it
I am undecided which tree to use this year also.
I usually drag it all out an entire room full !

Linda M said...

Oh, if those pink vintage ornaments were mine, I would most definitely have to have them out where I could see them - they are a treasure....and remember, we only get to enjoy them once a year, so go for it! Your vintage ornament tree looks lovely.

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful, wonderful story you tell here. You MUST put out the pink ornaments. I think you need a white (or flocked) tree to show those pale pink beauties off....xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

ps. Your big tree is gorgeous!

Country Gal said...

How pretty it all is ! Some times it's hard to go simple when there is so many lovely things to decorate with . This year I will be going simple and less ! Have a good day !

Penny Phillips said...

Oh, Julie Marie, your tree is just gorgeous! I have some of those pink ornaments, they just don't make colors like that anymore! I have hunted and hunted for my little elves like you have under your tree and can't find them. AND, I have not heard your stories before as I just started blogging in May, so please feel free to tell them again! Hugs, Penny

Anonymous said...

Love it all! El

Ivy and Elephants said...

Dear Julie, I never tire of looking at all your beautiful vintage ornaments! The tree is just gorgeous.
The little cuties under the tree look as if they are just waiting for Santa to come down the chimney!
Can't wait to see the pink tree, it's my favorite kind!
Big hugs,
Patti

June said...

Oh my gosh...those pink Christmas balls just had to come out Julie Marie!!! They are waaay too pretty to stay stored!

Jack is indeed a great guy. Dale has heard all my childhood memories too : ) Aren't we lucky girls???

Your tree is gorgeous my friend! I have pretty much given all our family ornaments and decor to the children over the years and I sure hope they cherish them as much as you do yours.

sending much love your way...

Old Time Cindy said...

You have such nice collections. It would be a shame to keep those pretty pinks stored away. Go for it!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Wow! 300-400 ornaments? Wow! They're beautiful, of course. A girl can never have too many ornaments. And truth be told, I don't really care for sparse looking trees. :)

Connie@shabbyforsure said...

Hi, Everything looks so pretty. It's just too hard to simplify with all the beautiful things you have...Connie

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Julie Marie,
this is all so pretty! I love your tree, the shape of it, the beautiful ornaments...everything! I love the idea of having the vintage boxes below with all those sweet knee huggers! All the memories just make it that much better!

Nook and Cranny said...

Fantastic vintage treasures you have collected, love the elves.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

J9's Happiness in the Every Day said...

WoW!! I LoVE your decorations! They are so up my street!! I think the idea of simplifying is a good one - but on the present and food side maybe? Christmas decs - especially vintage ones - the more the better!?! I've found you through the linky party and am your newest follower! Pop back over to my blog if you get a mo! J9 x

Heaven's Walk said...

There is nothing better than a Christmas tree - and ornaments - that are full of sweet memories, Julie Marie! :) Your tree is so pretty (love those pink ornaments!!!) and I adore the excitement of this special holiday in your voice! ♥

I know that you emailed me recently, but I'm still having probs with me email account. I can SEE that people are leaving me messages, but upon opening them, there's nothing but a blank page!!! Agh! Monday I go back to the computer guy for another fix....So I just wanted you to know that I wasn't ignoring you, sweetie!

xoxo laurie

xoxo laurie

Mari said...

Wow such a beautiful collection of elves my friend, I also love elves , there is just something about their cute little faces and pointed ears, that just warm this gal lil ole heart ;)

Smiles~
Mari

Mari said...

Woweeeee girlfriend, that is one magnificent vintage dressed up tree, I love all of your vintage treasures, just so sweet and special along with your precious memories ;)

Smile~
Mari

Jann Olson said...

Oh sweetie, love those precious pinks! I was actually thinking they looked awfully cute just stacked there in the chair. You have an amazing collection of vintage ornaments and goodies. I have an old light set and a few other oldies that I treasue also. Thanks for sharing your beautiful Christmas. Also for the wonderful give away!
Hugs,
Jann

Kit said...

Oh my look at all those gorgeous vintage balls! I love all of your decorations and your enthusiasum for the holiday. You make me smile! Kit

Nathalie Gagnon said...

Stunning tree...definitely display your gorgeous pink balls!

Nathalie Gagnon said...

Do you have a favorite ornament?

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Julie, I love your tree and all the precious treasures underneath. It is so wonderful and need to be enjoyed even once a year as you sit in your pretty room and gaze at the tree. I can see memories old and new returning.
Our tree in the front window is very similar to yours. We love it.
Have a special day my friend.
Thank you for the visit and kind words. They always uplift!
XO Celestina Marie

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

I just love all your vintage ornaments. The little elves remind me of childhood Christmas at my beloved Grandma's. What sweet memories.

Everyday Sparkles said...

You have the most amazing vintage ornament collection. I love them!!!

The Farmer's Daughter said...

Beautiful vintage ornaments! What a treasure. I love that you displayed the boxes, too! I've been known to buy empty ornament boxes just because they are so unique.
Hugs,
Dru