Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A peek inside my Autumn country kitchen...



You've all heard the kitchen is the "heart of the home"...  well, at our home, it really is...  I love to cook and bake, especially now in Autumn, my favorite time of the year... plus Jack and I love to sit at the table in our breakfast nook, sipping a cup of coffee and chatting about our plans for the day... while Tessy lays close by at our feet...  here's a little peek at my favorite room in our home...  I call it country~farmhouse...  I guess that is what you would call my whole style of decorating... always has been... always will be... I like a little fufu thrown in here and there, but mostly  I want our home to feel cozy and comfy... where everyone who enters feels welcome...  doggies included, of course!... (and kitties too!)... a place full of simple treasures, many vintage... some new...  I don't worry about whether or not my things match...  everything I collect and use are things that call out my name and I truly love... many are family heirlooms... the very best kind of treasures...  these things  and the  heavenly aromas drifting from the oven remind me of  my grandmothers house when I was a little girl...  welcome!...

Our kitchen table where Jack and I solve the problems of the world...

Grab a stool and I'll pour you a nice hot cup of coffee...



Or would you prefer a cup of tea?...


My corner hutch I showed you in a previous post...



I have so many kitchen collectibles after a lifetime of gathering them...  many sit atop my cabinets... oops...  looks like I need to dust up there more often!...


Many of my cookbooks and such I keep on one of my bakers racks... ready to grab at a moment's notice...


My favorite vintage sugar sack apron from the old Layton Sugar Company hangs there as well...  you can read my story here if you like, to hear the history of this old sugar sack and how it came full circle back to me...


I am one who likes to keep everything I need to cook or bake handy... so they are mostly out on my counters... some of you like a "clean" look for your counters...  I love seeing all of my "stuff" out where I can enjoy them... the really large wooden spoon was special ordered and made for me by Anne Marie's husband Jason at Nada Farm...  love it!...



I love black boards in kitchens and have several...


Here's another one in the corner...


I also love to decorate for the Seasons... Indian corn and pumpkins in a vintage California Pottery bowl... nothing fancy...  but sincere...


My kitchen is full of vintage treasures and cherished recipes...  many from my mama and my grandmother and great~grandmother...


This is where I stir up yummy things to eat... and lots of memories... and a whole lot of  love...  I hope you'll visit often... Happy Autumn from the heart of our home!... xoxo...  Julie Marie  Linking this post to Fabulous Fall Fun at Debra's place at  Common Ground...


 

14 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is so cozy and comfortable! I have lots of my mothers hand written recipes that I cherish too. Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julie Marie,
    I want your boots!!!LOL...They are the coolest. I always loved looking at the barn.And thats what I'm calling it.The Barn.It brings back so many memories.
    Your kitchen is such a cozy place to visit.I wish I could just sit and talk with you in person.We would have a wonderful time...I just know it.
    Love you girl and enjpy your Halloween,
    XXOO Marie Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful post! You have a sweet and cozy kitchen...I'll definitely take a cup of coffee, please :)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful, warm & cozy kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very lovely. I agree that the kitchen is the heart of the home. We all like to cook here and take turns whipping up our favorites so we can all enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall take a cup of tea, please! Then we can sit at your table and talk about your ingredients and kitchenalia, comparing recipes and notes! Of course, we will need to take a long walk along the lovely lanes you showed us to burn off those calories from all the baking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cozy looking kitchen ! I to love the farm house look in my kitchen and also display a lot of my country treasures in it ! Wonderful post and photos ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful memories! El

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can just picture you baking in that charming kitchen surrounded by your collections.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know Julie, your house is full of the things you love and that's why you love it so! So many shared memories, vintage treasures passed down, great smells from the coffee brewing....I'll be right there! xo's Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course, I love your kitchen! You and I like a lot of the same things! I'm wanting that transferware tea pot! So beautiful!
    Blessings from the Farmhouse!
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Julie, your kitchen is so beautiful! So warm and cozy. The colors are very warm. I would love to come sit at your table with you :) I always wished you would post pics of your kitchen! So glad you did. Kitchen's are my favorite rooms to look at :)
    Big hugs and lots of love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love those vintage cloths pins, so nice...
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your kitchen! Your style is so welcoming.

    Visiting from Common Ground and looking forward to following you.

    Have a great day!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete