Sunday, September 16, 2012

Seeking Serenity... Where Do We Find It?...


Lately, I have read several posts by blogger friends who are seeking peace and quiet in their lives... that elusive serenity we all crave and hope to find... but where do we look for it?... I know my life has seemed out of sorts lately and I desire that serenity now more than ever... some days this world seems turned upside down and not always friendly towards us... then our days become stressful and overwhelming... I try to be as healthy as I can... by eating healthy and walking two to three miles every day... stress can take an immense toll on our health if we don't do something to ease it some... I recently read a quote I really liked...

"Nature, time and patience
are the three great physicians" ~ Unknown


Nature plays a huge part in my life... it always has and it always will... serenity for me can be found in my soft pink roses that are still blooming their little hearts out even though Autumn is in the air... serenity is a beautiful feather found on the trail... a precious gift... placed there by my feathered friends... just for me...

Serenity is in our morning sunrise... brilliantly promising a new day... a better day... a quiet and peaceful day...

Serenity is found in all of God's precious little creatures... they are so much wiser than most people give them credit for... perhaps we need to listen more closely to what they are saying...

And serenity is found with those we love...

Sometimes a gentle word or a tender kiss is all we need... keep your eyes open to all of the places serenity may be waiting for you... and you will no doubt find it... that is my wish for you all this day... take a Nature walk... take your time... be patient... serenity will come...xoxo...



11 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and straight from your heart, I know! I love the quote and will have to remember it. Just looking at my backyard today, I saw the changes in the seasons and thought how quietly they come and go...we really have to pay attention, nature is a gift.

    Have a wonderful day, Julie Marie!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is lovely and so are your photos of the pink roses and the feather. Add "Jesus the Great Physician" to your list of 3, making it 4, and for me, the list will be complete. Ah serenity, we cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a while since i visited. I quite agree with you, i turn to my garden and walks to de stress and try to calm myself when worried. Just watching a bee buzzing on flowers can brighten my mood. Sending you big hugs, catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Julie Marie - - Serenity - - that's why I love to read your writings. It gives me peace in my heart in the middle of busy days. Thank you for that. Hugs and kisses for Tessie.
    Lots of hugs from Minnesota, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this post! It is hard to find that quiet in your soul & your solutions are great places to start. Have a beautiful week.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie Marie,
    I find peacefulness and serenity in nature and animals too. I love taking walks where I enjoy noticing the details. The color of the wild flowers, the squirrels running up a tree, the sound of birds chirping in the early morning, the sunsets that knock my socks off. I think that this deep appreciation for these gifts bring me peace in my heart and soul.

    xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful my friend.
    We love our nature walks and the beauty around our area. It gives us peace and serenity with always something new to see and enjoy the creative art of God.
    Miss B loved it too and shared in this with us. So sweet to see your dear Tessy. Give her a hug from me.
    XO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that and needed that. Thanks for everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LUV LUV LUV this post, Julie Marie! Yep....we ARE kindred spirits, girl. You wrote the words that I carry in my soul. ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete