Friday, September 14, 2012

If I Could Save Time In a Bottle...



"If I could save time in a bottle
the first thing that I'd like to do
Is save every day till eternity passes away
just to spend them with you" ~ Jim Croce

Where did the Summer go?... as much as I love Autumn, my favorite Season of all, I am already missing my garden... lazy days sitting on my porch soaking up the sun... watching the hummingbirds sip nectar from my feeders... soon, they will begin their long journey south for the winter... I hate telling them goodbye... so I will just say a little prayer for a safe journey for them... and anxiously await their arrival next Spring... I do love living in a beautiful place where the countryside changes with each passing Season... (although I am not a winter person, our countryside covered in new~fallen snow is breathtaking, but awfully cold!)... the mornings are chilly now... a sweater is needed on our walks... and as we walk, I notice all of the changes in the air... much of my garden has already started it's long sleep for the winter... and Spring seems so very far away... so for now, I will say farewell to Summer... bottle up all of her beauty in soft pink roses from my garden... and embrace the new beauty of Autumn... with a wish that it will last well into Indian Summer before our cold winter settles in... goodbye for now sweet Summer... welcome glorious Autumn!... xoxo...



11 comments:

  1. Summer is wonderful, but the insects are getting aggressive as they sense their time has almost come to hibernate or die. We are looking forward to the cool, colorful days of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post ! I to cant believe fall is just around the corner . I do love fall but when it gets cold and or damp I suffer from Muscular Rheumatoid Arthritis which is very similar to Fibromyalgia .I painfully ache all over ! I do hope it settles down for you and you feel better soon ! Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I am missing summer too and am trying to bid it farewell by welcoming autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, Julie sorry I missed your last visit, I have been busy getting ready for winters coming.

    Thank you dearly for visiting my photo shoot, I am just as excited to see myself in print :)
    Summer ends and fall arrives soon, time in a bottle is perfect for this post, a great soulful read!

    Come visit my NOW! Christmas POST LOL! I know pushung it but there is a reason for everything over at Burlap Luxe :)

    I will visit soon ...Truly I will.
    xox
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post...I feel so much the same way you do. Torn that summer is leaving us, but happy to welcome fall! The change is definitely in the air and I'm enjoying a break from the heat! Yay!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. You feel exactly as I do, Julie Marie. I just do not like winter at all...except from a distance. Well, I do love a good storm that leaves me housebound as long as everyone I know is safe and sound. I am ready to embrace Autumn but already mourning the last rays of summer- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song! lol
    Yes I am mourning the end of summer but I love fall.
    Enjoy every day with out snow.
    Thanks for your visit sweetie
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer blazed by in the heat of the night. I always miss it when it's gone.

    I must say that THIS YEAR I glad it's gone. No time for my Mr. AGPMan to work in the garden with me so our lawn and shrubs are overgrown and suffering. School is OUT in November so Summer down means we are all the more closer to to his graduation!

    I love Jim Croce's music. I grew up singing his songs. Time in a Bottle is one of my favorites!

    xoR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winter is my least favorite season, but I am so ready for fall since we had such a hot summer!

    Wishing you a blessed autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer is gone here too and we have thrown open the windows and are enjoying the cool fresh fall air. Thanks for your lovely visits recently as I am healing. hugs, olive

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie,
    Like you I hate to say goodbye to my garden but for now it is still doing well and happy to have some cooler temps to bloom and give us a Autumn show.
    It was so hot here this season that any cool days are welcome and we are enjoying every minute.

    I love this song by Jim Croce.
    Have a wonderful week.
    XO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete