Wednesday, September 12, 2012

How Squirrels Celebrate Autumn...


First... I noticed my vintage picnic basket missing from where I had placed it close to our front door... had I moved it somewhere else and not remembered?... you've heard about Spring Fever... well, I have had "Autumn Fever" quite bad lately... perhaps I DID move it and don't remember... would not surprise me... but then I noticed my beautiful little violet teaset my sister Jill gave me was gone from my curio... hmmm?... what's going on here?... next... I found alot of my Autumn candy mix was missing from my Fall candy dish on the counter... Jack?... Tessy?... surely neither one of them had taken it, had they?... Tessy only gets doggie treats, not candy and Jack... well... he loves our Autumn candy mix too... but so much?... and yes, I know I do eat alot of it too, but the bowl was empty!... I glanced over and saw a trail of half~nibbled Indian Corn candy leading outside... so... curiously I followed it... the trail lead me to my garden...

Ah ha!... there were the culprits!... looking like the proverbial cat that swallowed the canary...

Just look at the two of them!... taking tea in the garden amongst the Black~eyed Susans and Purple Coneflowers... and having a picnic munching away on Indian Corn, mellow Pumpkins and Autumn chocolate kisses...

How could I scold them?... I couldn't... it's such a beautiful Fall day... the sun is shining... the sky is blue... the air is crisp...

What was I to do?... surely I could not blame them... so, instead I joined them in the garden for tea and their impromptu picnic... what better way to celebrate Autumn... our most favorite time of year!... xoxo...




7 comments:

  1. Those naughty boys! It looks to me like they have been stricken with the awful "sneaky green disease". That'll teach them! xo Diana ps..I hope you enjoyed a bit of tea and treat with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cute. :) It's the beginning of a wonderful children's book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie, Yes, what better way to celebrate the beginning of Autumn with your sweet little friends who borrowed your pretties. I am sure you alll had a glorious time. The setting is perfect.
    Have a great fall evening.
    XO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie Marie, what a sweet post.
    Loved your pictures!!!
    Hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Cuz,

    LOVE this. You are really something special.

    Keep your childlike joy and appreciation flowing-our world needs it!

    Love,

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog.... so glad to have found you...Ciao

    ReplyDelete