Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gratitude...


 Today, I found this pretty little "gratitude" journal at a new little  shop I went to...  just a little book to jot down things I am grateful for each day...  it also has inspiring quotes throughout on being grateful...  I especially love the quote at the beginning of the journal... "the small act of recording what you're grateful for has the power to truly transform you... it will focus your energy on the positive in your life, leaving less energy for the negatives"... I immediately began to jot down the things I am grateful for today... and before I knew it, I had filled an entire page... with positive thoughts... no negatives allowed...  it made me feel really good...  it lifted my spirits to see all of the "positives" in my life... and made me quickly forget some of the "negatives" that have had me a bit down lately... I am going to tuck it inside my purse... so even if I am out somewhere... stuck in traffic perhaps...  I will remember to focus on the "positives"...  jot them down...  and keep that feel~good feeling going... several posts back, I wrote about the serenity I have been seeking more and more lately... now,  seeing all my "positives" there... in my little book...  in black and white...  I see how truly blessed I am...  gratitude...I know it's a step in the right direction to finding serenity in this often too hectic world...   xoxo...  (I so loved these little books, I got my sister and all the girls one too)...



12 comments:

  1. You found wonderful little gratitude journals I can tell, and how good to share them with family. I can see how it can transform you (and us) when we focus on good things, as Philippians 4:8 says: Whatsoever things are true ... honest ... pure ... think on these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum always told me to have a positive out look on life it will be easier for you to get by those days that aren't so ! Good idea keeping that little book on hand . I find writing or more typing now a days to be very therapeutic ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is truly amazing to reflect on all of the numerous blessings given to us on a daily basis. I love that you are recording your special blessings in your gratitude journal and that you encourage your family to do the same.

    xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing to have and share. If you are ever having a down moment, you can always look back at the things that bring you joy and gratitude.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure does sound like a wonderful book. I do believe positive thought bring positive results. Gratitude is a real blessing in life :)

    Hugs,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! We can all use a more positive outlook these days. Thanks for reminding us. El

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good way to record your blessings and keep it positive. xo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ju

    I loved this book and kept reading your post and so you got all the girls one... That is really a nice idea to write all the things you are grateful for down and keep wherever you go. Thank you for thinking of us and this was a good idea and def a way of achieving serenity... Love you Filly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and inspiring Julie Marie, we should all do that. What a great way to reminds us daily of precious gifts and blessings.

    Hugs
    Kate
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie Marie, I love this idea too and have a journal I keep in my nightstand drawer. At the end of the day, I take it out and list blessings from that day along with anyone new to add to my prayer list. OH I find this always uplifting and positive. The journals you found are wonderful and I am sure the girls will love them too.
    XO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty journal (and pen) for a great purpose! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. p.s. I am writing that I'm grateful for my wonderful friend and soul sister Julie.

    ReplyDelete