Monday, August 20, 2012

Julie Marie's Secret Zucchini Bread Recipe...


Okay... so it's no secret... you know I simply can NOT keep a secret... many of you wanted my recipe, so I decided rather than email it, I would post it... I love to cook and bake, especially in the Fall (can you tell I am in an Autumn mood already??? YES!... my favorite time of year!)... what with friends and neighbors giving us lots of zucchini, I love to make my zucchini bread... this is the BEST in the world... really...

One of my many little squirrels that loves Autumn as much as I do has been guarding it for me...

"Secret Recipe for Zucchini Bread"~ Julie Marie

3 eggs
1 c oil
2 c sugar, 1 brown, 1 white *** I use all brown... makes it sooo moist!
2 c grated zucchini (don't pack)
3 c flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt (I always use sea salt)
3 tsp or more Cinnamon ** I use about 3 1/2 tsp
1 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped nuts *** I use walnuts

Mix eggs, sugar, oil and then zucchini... then add dry ingredients. Last add nuts and vanilla. Divide into two greased and floured loaf pans... Bake 1/2 hour at 350 degrees or until the top of the loaf "cracks" and a toothpick comes out clean...

Fix yourself a nice cup of coffee or tea... maybe a handful of grapes with it, and relax and enjoy!... you deserve it!... wishing you a blissful day... xoxo


12 comments:

  1. yummy!!!! Hope you're having a great Monday, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you; I can't wait to try this. Love Zucchini Bread and this does sound great. Does it freeze well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy to me! Thanks for sharing girlfriend. This is the ONLY WAY I'll ever eat zucchini. :)

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Debra at Celtic Heart... it freezes well... it even tastes good frozen in the middle of the night when I am craving a piece!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds YUMMY ! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh- thank you so much-It sounds wonderful, Julie- My "boys" are gonna love this- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy!!! Thanks for the share. I'm going to try it. I love zucchini bread. El

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I would love a slice of that with my coffee right now! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this sounds soooo good! I am jotting this down and using it right away. My neighbor just gave me a zuke from her garden. Thanks! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie, Oh I love this post and make this bread too.
    Your pics have me hungry now.
    I have make this one all my life. I love zucchini.

    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete