Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Bowl of Stew for Debra...


Okay... so you think that is an odd name for my post?... let me explain... my dear friend Debra, of Common Ground is one of the sweetest ladies I know!... she was one of my very first followers when I started my blog, and I hers... I have joined in on many of her Vintage Inspiration Fridays parties... so much fun!... I especially love her Autumn and Christmas ones... her blog should simply be called "Inspiration Debra" as that is what I find each time I visit her... she inspires me to keep a positive outlook on life, to enjoy life, to be a better person... there is nothing this lady cannot do!... and always with a smile... she is always happy, upbeat, positive, and inspires me to be the same... I left her a comment on one of her recent posts about how much I look forward to her sunporch all decorated for Autumn... Debra and I both LOVE Fall and always get an early start on our Autumn decorating... anyway, I commented that I had made homemade peach jam that day, (yesterday) and was making stew in my crockpot today with all of the fresh veggies I have from neighbors and our Farmers Market... love the Heavenly aromas that say "Fall" to me as it simmers all day...

Last night I got an email from Debra, saying she would be posting her Autumn sunporch soon... and how much she loved stew and how good that and homemade peach jam sounded to her...

Well... since Debra lives in Missouri and I live in Utah... ( a little more than a stones throw away!)... I had to think of a way to get it to her!... so, Debra... here is a nice hot bowl of homemade stew for you, along with a yummy roll covered in my peach jam!... Decaff Lady Grey is brewing in my teapot and my homemade zucchini bread should be out of the oven any minute!... we are not fancy at our house... (yes, we just use paper napkins)... but the food is yummy and you are always welcome here... Enjoy!... xoxo... PS If anyone would like my zucchini bread recipe, just drop me an email... it is the best ever!!!



11 comments:

  1. What a nice sweet post- I don't know this gal so now I will have to pop by there, of course! I would love your Zucchini bread recipe. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tribute for such a nice lady.I already follow her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your post and I can taste the stew all the way in New York City. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie,
    It's a little warm for stew here but it won't be long now. I love your pretty tea set! I'm sure Debra enjoyed her stew, peach smeared roll, and zucchini bread! Have a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love your zucchini bread recipe! I love your recipes and we just enjoyed your Farmer's Market tomatoes on our pasta. They were wonderful!!! Many thanks!!! I am planning on going this Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just the sweetest gal ever; I know all your followers feel that way. Your stew looks great but so does your table setting. Wish I could come for lunch.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice thing to do. The stew looks yummy! Please share your recipe and the one for zucchini bread, too. Love your new bedroom makeover. EL

    ReplyDelete
  8. How thoughtful of you. I think your cooking is wonderful. Never under estimate a home cook:}

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh Julie, you're making me blush and giggle! Believe me, if i could get to that table I'd be there in a flash, having a wonderful meal with you, my precious friend!! and did you say you made zucchini bread? OK, leave the light on! xoxo (I've never been to Utah, can I wear cowboy boots, too?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a thoughtful friend you are! Oh, I can only dream of making home made peach jam. It must be wonderful to have a peach tree.

    I would love the recipe, please, but have no idea how to find you? Help?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Julie, your stew looks so good I can nearly taste it. We love a meal like this too and make it often in the cooler months. Debra is going to love it even through cyberspace. What a sweet friend you are. I have the zucchini bread recipe from my mother and it is soooo good. You have made me hungry and it is only 9am. LOL

    Have a great day and wonderful week ahead sweet lady.
    XOXO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete