Saturday, June 23, 2012

Berry Sweet Surprises From My Sister...

Three or four posts ago, I showed you some of my strawberry collectibles... it's berry time here now, and I can't get enough of them... last weekend, on Father's Day, I was feeling kinda yucky... then it happened... three years in a row... I had another kidney stone... I was not even going to post and tell anyone that I had it, but I decided to anyway... I have not been feeling much like blogging or anything since then, and some of you have emailed me and asked why... the last two summers, almost a year to the date in August, I have had to have surgery for them... I was praying this year would be different... so far so good... even though I had a stone on Father's Day, EXACTLY one year from the first of three last summer, I did not have to have surgery this time... and for that I am sooo very grateful... please know I am not asking for sympathy or anything, just explaining why I have not been myself alot lately... anyhow... my sister Jill... my best friend... left a sweet surprise on my doorstep for me... this adorable little strawberry jar with a precious little bee who has landed on top...

Strawberry jam cookies and chocolate truffles... plus, chocolate~raspberry squares fill the little jar... also a cute card with love from my sissie...

Thank you so much Jill!... for my "berry sweet" surprises!... xoxo...



7 comments:

Rebecca said...

More than precious. Your sister was heaven sent just for you. Love the Jar and that sweet little bee....

Thank you for your friendship...and your kind words of congrats on my feature in CR. I'm more than excited but mindful all good things come from the Father.

You bless me. Now...let's BOTH get well. I'll pray for you and you pray for me. He can heal. Love, Rebecca

Tanza said...

Hi Sweetie,
Sooo very wonderful to get sweet surprises !! Can really lift our spirits !! Sure hope you are feeling better again !! Your posts are always so sweet and to the heart .. just blog when you feel, and when you don't that's just fine !! Make your self content and happy .. just feeling better will do that !!

Enjoy your summer, pretty days .. I sure do .. Something about the slower pace, and just plain ole' sittin' around relaxing .. Love it .. Take care of yourself sweet girl ..

Peace and love to you ~TeA~ xo

Blessed Serendipity said...

You are right about those precious gifts being so "berry sweet". What a loving and kind thing for your sister to do. She must of known that you needed some extra love and smiles. So sorry you have had health troubles Julie Marie. I will be praying for you.

xo,
Danielle

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes said...

I sure hope you are feeling better soon. My dad had kidney stones many, many years ago and still worries they will come back. I'm sure the love and care of your sister and the sweet treats perked you up. I really like the cute jar. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Terra said...

Your sister is a sweetie to leave you the cute strawberry jar to lift you up, and I hope you heal quickly.

Everyday Sparkles said...

Julie I'm so sorry that you haven't felt well, but what a sweet surprise from you sister. I will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. Love all your strawberry things!!!

vicki said...

Oh my sweet Julie - we know all about kidney stones here at our house --- so I hope you don't ever have another one! Fingers crossed for you sweetie.

Your berry surprises are totally precious -- what a good sis you have!

Vicki