Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer Is A Comin' In But Fast...

Springtime here in my little town has been absolutely beautiful this year... I have savored each and every precious moment of it... now... the Seasons are changing and as the lyrics in one of my favorite songs say "Summer was a comin' in but fast"...

I love Summer as much as I love Spring... growing up, my sister Jill and I could never get enough of Summer... leisurely spent days laying out in the sun... making beautiful necklaces out of sweet clover blossoms... and tiaras for our hair out of mama's marigolds... I was a tomboy growing up... but I also loved beautiful things... so I now call myself a "fufu tomboy"... Summer meant bare feet, Keds or sandals... a cute straw purse and hat... and sunglasses of course... naturally, I still love all of those same things today... (and I am STILL a fufu tomboy!)...

I love to shop, but I am a bargain shopper... okay... I sometimes splurge on purses... but even then they are usually on sale... I wanted to fufu up a cute straw hat... so, I found the perfect plain straw hat at Ross, $8.99, plus I got another 10% off since it was Tuesday and I am over 55... making it about $8.00... I used pretty lace from my stash... and a gorgeous silk flower I already had... and Voila!... the perfect Summer straw hat... oops!... same pic again!...

My cute espadrilles were from Coldwater Creek about 10 years ago... an end of Summer clearance that year for $5.00... and I just bought my ADORABLE PINK sunglasses yesterday at Dollar Tree for, you guessed it!... one dollar!...

New straw purse with cute beads on the handle... TJ Maxx $19.99...


Pretty pink roses scarf headband $3.99 Shopko, beaded bracelets $10.00 Shopko... "Island Fuschia" nail polish $2.49 at Classy Chassy (my favorite beauty supply shop in Bountiful)...

Total spent ... $50.47...

Feeling like a kid again... PRICELESS!... wishing you all a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend... Welcome Summer!... xoxo...



19 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

Aren't you adorable with your new hat and shades. Sometimes it seems that most of our favorite things didn't cost a fortune. Bet you are in the garden sporting your new hat and glasses.

xo,
Danielle

Jill said...

You are gorgeous! Pink is your color. You did a fantastic job on your hat. It looks so expensive!

Country Gal said...

Sounds like we have some things in common .I to love summer and all that goes with it . I like pretty things as well but also am a fufu tomboy , growing up on a hobby farm and having more boys around then girls . Awesome photos and post . Have a great evening !

Nancy's Notes said...

Julie Marie, what a fabulous post! Loving your summer pink!!

Bobbi said...

What a warm welcome to summer... love each and every picture. You are ready for some fun in the sun and you look absolutely beautiful!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Your such a beauty!!! You know how I love Pink...I was just thinking the other day how I wanted to decorate a hat with flowers I make...will have to create one.
Happy memorial Day
Oh yea I am a fru fru TOMBOY for sure

Shirley said...

Hi Julie Marie, I would love to have your pretty straw hat and pink shades. When you have six brothers and three sisters, you learn to be s tomboy to certain point. I grew up on a farm so I am a country girl at heart. I enjoyed reading your previous post to. Have a great day. Your Missouri Friend.

It's me said...

Love the pink colors !!..here we have almost no spring...but...it is really summer now for a vieuw days.....hot hot hot...almost the whole day outside.....love it !!,,,,enjoy your day.....love Ria...xxx...

NanaDiana said...

You look MAVAHLOUS, darling. I love all your pinks and pretties that you have put together here. LOVE the hat and purse and ADORE those pink sunglasses! You are a FUN gal-my kinda gal! xo Diana

Linda said...

Very cute picture and your little vignette is perfect for summer. Pink is always a favorite color. Thanks for sharing your sweet post.

Amy Arnaz said...

Morning Julie Marie~
I like the photo series you've started on your sidebar of you smelling flowers in April & May. Great idea! Hope you enjoy this lovely day. xoxo Amy

Fishtail Cottage said...

Can i just say how adorable you are!!! thanks for sharing your perfect summer finds over here at the garden party! that hat will be perfect (maybe to pretty) for when you are gardening? xoxo, tracie

Ana said...

Oh Julie Marie,
You look absolutely beautiful in your pretty summer straw hat. What a clever idea to sweeten it up some more with lace. Looks like you are all set for summer my dear friend.

Much love,
♥Ana

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I do believe you're ready to sit back and say, "summer, bring it on!"

I to am a feisty Fufu tomboy!

God bless ya sweetie and have the best summer ever!!! :o)

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

What great finds to start the summer off with! Thank you so much for sharing your gardening techniques of deadheading the roses. Have a great holiday weekend!

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

What great finds to start the summer off with! Thank you so much for sharing your gardening techniques of deadheading the roses. Have a great holiday weekend!

Ellen said...

Hard to believe you could be a tomboy. Good think you added Fufu to tomboy! You have such creativity. I love love love the hat. Enjoy all your new goodies.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

OH MY "You DO Look Priceless"! Love all the frilly frills. I'm not a shoe person, I RATHER BE barefoot, BUT I (((LOVE)))purses. Isn't TJMAXX great for some Great Ones?
Have a FUNFUNFUN weekend,
Big Hugs,
Donna

Everyday Sparkles said...

You look adorable and ready for summer! Love it all!!!