Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Blissful Day...

So... how was your day?... I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day... I had such a beautiful, blissful birthday~Mothers Day today... it could not have been more peaceful and full of love... Jack and I started out with an early~morning Nature walk, my favorite thing in the world to do... and my foot has healed almost 100 percent so I am back to our full walk... absolutely lovely gifts from my sweetheart... my favorite being a beautiful Limoges box, all the way from France... with my birth~flower, Lily of the Valley (Muguet) on it... I will take a photo of it soon to post... precious time spent in my gardens... my Dames Rocket (below) is so stunning right now, I just keep taking more and more pictures of it... the fragrance is so Heavenly... and I love how it looks growing alongside my Clematis by my little butterfly house... then I took flowers to the cemetery for my mama and sister for Mothers Day... then a long walk down the trail with Tessy my love...

Lingering over coffee and writing in my Nature journal... soaking up sunshine... listening to bird song... my favorite kind of day... nothing fancy... just my old comfy jeans and blouse... no need to dress up fancy... dinner at home and a chocolate cake with ice cream... our favorite bakery changed hands (and recipes) so I baked my own cake... it was yummy!... tomorrow a birthday lunch with my sister Jill and the girls and my celebrations are complete... new blooms are opening daily in my garden, and I can hardly wait for my red rose I took a cutting and started from my "secret spot" to bloom... any day now... I am soo excited... now it is time to sit out on the front porch... the hot sun has given way to a cool evening breeze... perfect for a relaxing end to a special day... with my loves Jack and Tessy at my side... this is what makes me happy... simple things... small town USA... and I wouldn't have it any other way... xoxo...



15 comments:

Country Gal said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me , my kind of day ! Have a wonderful evening.

NanaDiana said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you, Julie Marie! I am so glad you had such a wonderful day. Your garden sounds like it is really giving you lots of pleasure (and blooms). I just ordered two New Dawn roses. I cannot find them here anywhere and had a hard time even finding them online.

Blessings to you- Glad your chocolate cake was good. I took a beautiful white cross cake to the baptism today. It was a wonderful day seeing our little Charles blessed in the church.

Hope the rest of your night is wonderful, too. xo Diana

Jill said...

YOur day sounds wonderful,Julie Marie. Just as you deserve!

Everyday Sparkles said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday pretty girl! Glad you had a wonderful day!!!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Julie Marie, sounds like you had a wonderful and peaceful fun filled day. So glad your foot has healed so that you can take those walks that you love so much. Can't wait to see pictures of your Limoges box.
Hugs~~~ Daphne

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I am so glad you had a fabulous day-you so deserve it sweetie
Sounds like the perfect way to spend a relaxing day
Hugs to you, and have a slice of cake for me.

Jann Olson said...

Hi Julie Marie, just had to hop over and wish you a happy birthday and Mother's Day. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I love your Danes Rocket. I just got a start from a friend of a friend. Can't wait until I have them blooming and spreading in my garden.
Hugs,
Jann

Sunray Gardens said...

That is one gorgeous and full Clematis. One of mine just had it's first bloom yesterday.

Cher Sunray Gardens

Lois Evensen said...

Your day sounds lovely. :) Ours was very nice here, too, with family all together for a great meal and lots of hugs.

Olive Cooper said...

Happy Birthday dear friend. I am glad you had a lovely day. I took yesterday off from the laptop and spent it with Joe and went to church and out with CC. We played in the rain with the puppy. I smelled like a wet dog.

Ana said...

Oh Julie Marie,
I am such a dork...I don't know why I marked my calendar on the 17th for your birthday! Now I've missed it :-( I have your birthday card ready and everything and I was going to send it tomorrow or Wednesday so you would get it on your birthday...I am so sorry. It will be going out today for sure...sorry for it being late and sorry for the wrong date on the card...Anyway, you know I love you tons and tons and that I wish you nothing but the very best my sweet friend. Sounds like you had a perfect birthday. Sending you lots and lots of "forgive me" and Birthday hugs.

Happy Birthday!

Love you tons,
♥Ana

Vicki said...

Hi, Julie Marie,
You had the perfect birthday for sure! Spending time with nature and the ones you love. Chocolate cake is my favorite, too. Enjoy your day with your sister and nieces. Sending all my love to you! Vicki p.s. Your flowers are so pretty, and I look forward to seeing your red rose from your secret spot. I know it will be beautiful.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Julie,
Your day was very special and full of the things you love and enjoy. The special box from France must be gorgeous. Jack is so thoughtful when giving you the treasures you love. I know your cake was very yummy too.

I am so excited to see your blooms from your secret spot. So glad to read your foot is healed and you are back to the nature walks you love.
Hope your birthday luncheon today with your family was perfect.

XO, Celestina Marie

Ellen said...

What a most fabulous day you had!! Happy Birthday. Your clematis is so gorgeous. I had a lovely clematis over my archway when we lived in Missouri. It made me happy every day! I sure miss it. Blessings to you dear.

Cottage and Broome said...

Sounds you had a wonderful day. A walk and time in the garden my favorite kind of day. Thanks for stopping by, Laura