Monday, January 9, 2012

Nature's Wisdom....

The warmth of the sun on a cold winter's day... softly filtering through my kitchen window... casting early morning shadows that dance on the walls... the colors of Nature fill my home... lush greens of Ivy's tender tendrils pull towards the light... the soft beige of petite French flowerpots waiting to be planted...

Delicately woven twigs and grasses make a perfectly feathered nest... tiny faux eggs remind me just how fragile life is... each moment is a gift to be treasured... to enjoy just being "me"... not trying to be like anyone else... I like being "me"... I am unique... and so are you... I shall go about my day doing the very best I can at everything I attempt to do... letting my thoughts drift away to a favorite quote...


"Use whatever talent you possess...
the woods would be very silent if no birds sang
except those that sing the best" ~ Henry Van Dyke

13 comments:

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Julie Marie, this was such a beautiful post, very inspiring.
Have a beautiful day!!!
Hugs~~~ Daphne

Jill said...

This is so lovely and such a good reminder to us all.

Rebecca said...

Simply beautiful my friend. I'm struggling with the gloomy, hazy, brisk winter days... Trying NOT to rush my life and to enjoy each day... But, seeing your pictures made my heart long for color and warm sunshine~

xoRebecca

Blondie's Journal said...

Lovely post, Julie Marie! I think the post is a very gentle reminder that we need to be ourselves...authentic. I read somewhere,
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken!" Love that.

Have a wonderful day. Love your photo!

XO,
Jane

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos and post ! Have a wonderful day !

Deborah Celtic Heart said...

wonderful words on a grey January day! Blessings to you!

Olive Cooper said...

Your bird nest is darling. I so love the birds.

Ana said...

Beautiful post and beautiful pictures my sweet friend. Thank you for your lovely words. Sending you a great big hug.

Much love,
♥Ana

Victoria said...

So gorgeous and beautiful! I love all that you create and share..pure magic!
Victoria

Bobbi said...

Beautiful post! Give Tessy hugs for Gracie and me... stay warm :-)

P and E's Journey said...

Love The Bird Nest so Delicate and The Quote Is one I haven't heard Just Beautiful!! I Love That your Unique..
Love You Filly

Anonymous said...

Love you vignette, Julie. You inspire me. Thanks, el

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Julie Marie,
Such a true post and I have always loved that quote.
I am ready for warmer days, but really don't want to rush the cooler season since we will have lots of triple digits soon to come.
Love your pic.
Enjoy, XOXO Celestina Marie