Thursday, December 15, 2011

'Twas Ten Days Before Christmas...


"Twas ten days before Christmas... we were scared and alone...
in the clearance bin at the crafts store...
oh how we wanted a home...
We'd heard tell the Squirrels had a cozy chalet...
in a Forest so lovely... a safe haven to play...


It would not cost much to buy us this day...
the other critters were all sold and gone now...
so we began to pray...


We must stick together...
through good times and bad...
To take one not the other
Would make us so sad...


There's talk of a lady..
named Julie Marie...
who loves all God's creatures...
If only it could be...
That she might come in...
to the store on this day...
and see our sweet faces...
We'd steal her heart away...


Then our hearts starting beating...
at such a fast pace...
as Julie Marie bought us...
and gave us a place...
A snow~covered Forest...
with our own Christmas tree...
fairytale dreams do come true...
thank you, Julie Marie"... xoxo... the Foxes

10 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Love this and the squirrels are so adorable, makes me want to run out and find a couple for our nest.
Noreen

Jill said...

How adorable! I love your poem and the way you have them displayed. You make we want to get some too!

Thank you so much for your help on my thrift items today. I sure appreciate it! *HUGS*

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love this post today Julie Marie. So sweet.

xo,
Danielle

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Julie, Oh this is the cutest story ever. I just love the way you think. The sweetlittle critters are adorable. I can see you not able to leave them behind. Isn't it amazing what one can find. I know they are right at home with you.
Give them all a hug for Christmas from me and Miss B.
Celestina Marie

Olive Cooper said...

What darling creatures and I know you are still enjoying nature walks even in the cold.

Rebecca said...

I love it sweet girl. Just love it! You are such a doll.

Thank you for your chat earlier. I felt sooo much better when I got off the poem.

You make me smile.

Love you~

Rebecca

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

How adorable these little critters are.Cute poem for sure
They were made for you

It's me said...

So sweet post......love ...seize the day....xxx...

Ana said...

What lucky little squirrels...I know they will be very well taken care of and loved in their new home. You are so sweet my friend.

Much love,
♥Ana

Bess said...

Your poem is wonderful!!! Merry Christmas!