Friday, November 11, 2011

Vintage Christmas Touches My Heart...

So, I started getting out some of my vintage Christmas collection to start decorating with... wow, seems just like yesterday that I was getting all of this stuff out... and now, it is time once more... I have to start decorating this early... I have a lifetime of vintage Christmas I have collected, ever since I was a little girl... if I don't start early, I would never have it all done to enjoy before Christmas... and this is just a part of my collection... I have another whole closet I haven't even started on yet...

Many of my treasures were mine as a little girl... even back then I took very good care of my things and saved them over the years... I have added every year to my collection through estate sales, flea markets, thrift shops and gifts from my family... I treasure hunt for vintage Christmas year round, not just this time of year... I am always amazed at a yard sale to see that Christmas decorations are one of the main things people around here part with... I give them a forever home...

Remember this little guy from last year?... last year he begged me could they "please all come out again for Christmas"... all the elves, Santas, angels, Putz houses, bottlebrush trees, candles... vintage pink balls... and so much more...

He did it to me again... how could I say "no" to a face like that?... I can't... just one more cup of coffee and I will start on the other closet... besides, it is Tessy's first "real" Christmas in her forever home... and putting out my vintage Christmas is a tradition... and I never break traditions... and then there are the memories... gently caressing each decoration as my thoughts drift away to Christmases past... and the stories my treasures could tell... I shall listen closely... xoxo...

"He who has not Christmas in his heart
will never find it under a tree" ~ Roy L. Smith


12 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I really love your collection, Julie Marie. Last year after my Dad passed away, we all chose favorite Christmas ornaments. Many I remembered from my childhood. I suppose Christmas things end up at garage sales for this reason. It's up to us to give them a new home.

XO,
Jane

Debra @ Common Ground said...

ohygoodness Julie!! and another whole closet?? can't wait to see it all "out"! and no you just cannot resist that adorable reindeer face! xoxo

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Debra... and I can't wait for your Vintage Christmas Fridays parties!!!... xoxo Julie Marie

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

What a wonderful collection of Christmas goodies you have, and so extra special that they have been in your family for many years. Can't wait to see what you pull out of the other closet. Have a great weekend!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

You have some neat vintage Christmas goodies. I was tempted to start getting out my decorations today. I don't know how much longer I can hold out before I dig my things out. I am trying to wait until after Thanksgiving.

xo,
Danielle

Fishtail Cottage said...

I loved the post you did about your putz houses - I believe that is when we first began talking?!? Wow - I am in awe of all of your gorgeous vintage decorations...I can see most are in the original packaging! Can't wait to see everything in its place - hugs!

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

I so enjoy seeing all your treasures, there are so many beauties.
That face would get to me and I would want to share them all also.
Excited to see your posts now

Jill said...

Everything looks so wonderful so far! I can't wait to see it all! I'll be like a kid at...well...Christmas! :)

Kit said...

Oh what a lovely collection. Or I should say "part of your collection"...LOL I love the quote at the end of your blog. So perfectly true! Happy Early Christmas! Kit

Mari said...

Hi Julie Marie~What an amazing collection you have :) but its the sweet memories that make them special and priceless :) Ohhhh and sweet Tessy first Christmas in her forever home will be another sweet memory for you to store in your warm and gentle heart :) this is my sweet Mia's first Christmas to and I have already started buying her gifts.....lol

xo~Mari

It's me said...

What a lot of christmas stuff you have......enjoy it....love from me....happy weekend....x..x..x..

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Julie you have an amazing vintage collection and I know you must have a great time every year pulling these treasures out and displaying them so perfectly.
Tessy is one blessed little darling to enjoy all the pretties she will see this year. What fun and I am so happy she is living with you. She could not be in a more loving home.

Can't wait to see more. I tell ya, you should have a feature in Romantic Homes.
Hugs, Celestina Marie