Friday, October 21, 2011

A Trip to the Pumpkin Patch...

Ok, I will try to do another post and hope the witches don't snatch it again!... I see from many of you that you are also having problems with blogger... I have had four posts "disappear" in the last several weeks... eerie!... Anyway... not one to give in, I am doing another post and hope it stays here... I took a walk down the lane yesterday to the pumpkin patch that is now at the little stand where I buy flowers and fruits and vegetables all Summer long... it is decorated so cute, I wanted to share it with you all... then at the end of this post, I have posted just a couple of pics from the posts I lost...

A most sincere pumpkin patch, as Linus would say... love the old wooden fence behind them!...

Cute crows and witches everywhere...

Looks like the witch is in...

LOVE this old wheelbarrow full of Jack~be~Little pumpkins... I bought many of them...

Cornstalks are a must for Fall decorating!...

Cute little ghosts lead the way...

Delicious winter squash everywhere too... I also bought many of those... Blue Hubbard and Banana Squash, Acorn and Butternut... Spaghetti Squash, which I make into the most delicious stuffed squash ever!...

Sooo many to choose from!...

I got my cornstalks here several weeks ago when I decorated my front porch... such a fun little place to walk to... I bought a yummy apple to eat on my way home too... I bought a bushel there the other day... (I drove back for my heavy things though!)...

So, here I am as the Prairie Witch for Halloween... I had done an entire post showing many of my vintage "Prairie" items I was using for Halloween... rats, who took my posts???... traded my old black outfit for a newer, "hip" look... my vintage cowgirl boots, a vintage bejeweled Prairie belt buckle, vintage pendant, vintage doilies from my stash on my broom...

No pointy black hat this year, instead I fufu'd up my old straw cowgirl hat with vintage lace and some silk ribbons and a vintage millinery flower... I am now a "Shabby Shriek" witch, tee hee hee!...

The other post I lost (naughty witches to steal my posts!)... was about my daddy's old broom rake I brought home from my sister's house the other day and decorated for Autumn... I had seen one in my Fall issue of Country Gardens magazine and wanted to do one... then I saw several on some of my favorite blogs... so I have been searching and searching for a vintage rake with no luck... then, there was the one that belonged to my daddy, who passed away several years ago... the old rake is so old and worn... I left the old wooden handle on it, just the way it always had been...

I used some faux berries mixed in with some of my beautiful real snowberries since I could not find exactly what I wanted in our yard, and Jack questioned me the other night as to why I was walking around in the dark in my neighbors gardens, all dressed in black, with a pair of pruners and a sack in my hand... dang, you know how those retired cops are... just can't pull anything over on them!...

Some raffia around the handle and Voila!... another treasure from my past full of happy Autumn memories... this old rake gathered many a pile of Autumn leaves in years gone by... now, she can retire on my porch...

Thank you so much for stopping by... I do hope this post is still here when I check later!... maybe the naughty witches don't like me being a nice witch this year???... xoxo...


13 comments:

Country Gal said...

Weird to have your posts disapear !
Loved all your photos, I like seeing porches and farm entrances decorated for fall ! Have a wonderful day !

Jill said...

It appears the goblins and gremlins are busy in cyber space!

Love your pumpkin patch and you look adorable as a prairie witch.

Our Beautiful Journey said...

Hi Ju,

Sorry the witches stole your other posts!!
I am glad you reposted the broom rake which is so nice how you decorated it with the berries and I love your stylin witchy gear... I think that pumpkin patch looks so cute. I love the Witch is in sign and all the pumpkin pics. I also like your new header. Have a good day. PS love that you quote the Great Pumpkin always. Love Filly xxx

Ana said...

Oh no Julie Marie...Blogger is at it again...So many problems...I still can't post from my Explorer browser...I need to go to the Safari browser and do it from there...Arrrg! Hope you don't lose anymore of your awesome posts...I'm happy I was able to read them before they mysteriously disappeared. Anyway, sounds like you had a good time at the Pumpkin Patch. Wishing you a wonderful weekend my sweet friend.

Much love,
♥Ana

Kit said...

I love your rake design, so very pretty and that pumpkin patch looks like so much fun! Hope the goblins behave themselves with your post this time....LOL Kit

Anonymous said...

I love these fall photos. You really create the spirit of the season. Fabulous floral bag! el

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

This is my 1st visit to your blog! I love all these beautiful photos! I never knew a garden rake could look so beautiful! I'm happy to be your newest follower!

Have a lovely weekend!

Mary

June said...

I sure love how you foofed up your broom for the big night my friend! Maybe we'll run into each other in the 'big sky'.
I am coming to Utah, but am coming with my daughter to see another daughter. It should be a fun time and I am so excited.
My daughter has recently moved to the other side of the airport to a place called Grantsville. I will be thinking of you as I come to your beautiful state!
hugs from here...

Miguel de la T.P. said...

Pase por tu blog y fue todo un honor el visitarte, desde Jaen sur de España un abrazo y feliz fin de semana

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Julie,
Oh I do not like when blogger goes a little crazy and goofs up!! Sorry you are having troubles but so glad this post went through.
Love your pumpkin patch down the lane. Such an inviting place to send some time walking around being inspired.

You look gorgeous my friend. Love your hat and boots with broom. So perectly Prairie.

Your daddy's broom rake is awesome and what a treasure to have. Love how you decorated with it. So talented you are.

Busy like crazy here. I will be offline from the 27th- the 4th.
But looking forward to lots of fun when I am back.

XOXO Celestina Marie

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

Love the variety of pumpkins this year. Your photos are so pretty and love the rake decoration.

Danielle

piccolaceleste said...

cIAO CHE MERAVIGLIA IL CAPELLINO.. COMPLIMENTI UN ABBRACCIO A PRESTO lù..

piccolaceleste said...

cIAO CHE MERAVIGLIA IL CAPELLINO.. COMPLIMENTI UN ABBRACCIO A PRESTO lù..