Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 11th... Shame on You Mayor Michael Bloomberg...

September 11th... tomorrow marks the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on our country... my heart is aching as I think back on that September morning... and now, my heart is aching once more as the day draws near and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has intentionally decided not to invite any clergy, police officers or firefighters to the official ceremony tomorrow... he states he wants to focus on the victims and their families, not God or the heroes who rushed into the burning towers to save as many as they could... what is happening to our country???... SHAME ON YOU Michael Bloomberg!...


I read a quote by Rudy Washington, Deputy Mayor under former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who organized the interfaith service at Yankee Stadium following the attacks in 2001... he stated "This is America, and to have a memorial service where there's no prayer, this appears to be insanity to me. I feel like America has lost it's way"... Amen Mr. Washington... Jack devoted his entire career to being a police officer, and mine was in law enforcement as well... after almost 35 years together we have pretty much seen it all... we have many friends who are police officers, firefighters and paramedics... who risk their lives daily to protect and defend all others... a police officer (or firefighter, or paramedic) does not come home at the end of the day and forget about the traumatic events that occurred on their shift, the lost lives, the devastation... Jack will always be a cop... all cops will always be cops, long after they have turned in their badge and retired... I know from our own experiences, the nightmares continue the rest of their lives... replaying the scenes over and over again in their minds... seeing the victims faces and wondering what they could have done to save more... the heroes of 9~11 are no different... this will live with them forever as well, just like it will the families of the victims who perished in the attacks... and do not forget many police officers and firefighters lost their lives in the attacks too... the firemen, police officers and clergy did not wait for an invitation in 2001 during the attacks, they showed up and did their job!... watching many of their comrades die as the Towers fell... ... So Michael Bloomberg... I have zero respect for you, as a Mayor or as a human being... tomorrow, I shall be praying to GOD and remembering ALL of the victims of 9~11... and asking HIM to bless their families and ALL of America... and to give strength to those currently devoting their lives to serving as police officers, firefighters, paramedics, clergy and our Armed Forces as well... my heroes... xoxo...


13 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Very well said, Julie Marie. You echo my sentiments. I was in shock when I heard this...and we know who is to blame. Tomorrow I will be praying for these brave men and women from my little corner of the world.

XO,
Jane

Bobbi said...

Wow! I agree with you 100% Julie Marie. Well said!!!

It's me said...

You have so right to write this !!!...with love Ria....xxx...

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

I ask myself that question all the time Julie, what is happened to our Country? Well I think if more people would turn to God things could be so much better, instead we have those that don't want God mentioned, no prayer in school, and look how bad things are there and everywhere..... it's so very sad! I agree with Bobbi I'm with you 100%.
hugs~~~ Daphne

Anonymous said...

AWESOME ~~~~ AND YOU ARE BACKED UP WITH AN AMEN TOO! MAY GOD BLESS OUR NATION ONCE AGAIN INSPITE OF MEN LIKE HIM. THANK YOU. JACKIE

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

I thought I had misheard when I seen those words.
Sometimes I am SHOCKED at the thoughts of some people.
I will never for day and the many heroes and victims.
I will pray for them all.

Fishtail Cottage said...

I so agree! Unbelievable that it has been 10 years....that horrible morning is just still all to clear in my head. xoxo, tracie

Terra said...

Well said. What a strange way to think, Mr. Mayor.

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Well said! I am with you 100%!!

Thank you both for your service. We too often forget the fine men and women in uniform that serve us each day.

Praying today for all those touched by this senseless tragedy.

Amy Arnaz said...

Amen Julie Marie~
As I watched the TV coverage this morning I was so happy to see some of the speakers read from the Bible and use the word God. Mayor Bloomberg made a BIG mistake all the way around. You are 100% accurate in your post. I wonder how he got away with this? Amy

{oc cottage} said...

Amen to that! {you go girl!;}

m ^..^

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Dear Julie Marie,
You said it all perfectly! I agree comletely. Amen! Amen!
And, these are the men that call themself leaders. Leading to what? So very sad. This is shocking and simply very bad judgement on the mayor's part. He will answer for this.
God Bless America as we go forward. We must never forget. Our prayers continue.

Thank you for sharing,
Celestina MarieXOXO

mollydianeh said...

Thank you for sharing your powerful words! They echo most of our nation! {I would venture to say}
As a Paramedic and Firefighter (then)for my county,my heart and soul went out to all those guys! Men and women who continue to this very day giving our nation their very best. Too bad Bloomberg is NOT the best for them. Former Mayor Juliani gave a wonderful and heart felt prayer! Go Rudy!! He will be remembered along with the events of 9/11. Bloomberg? Very soon people will say...Bloomber WHO?