Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Seasons of Change...


Softly and quietly the Seasons are changing here... I find that I, too, have begun to make many changes... this past month gave me countless hours as I rested and recovered to think about so many things... things that really matter to me in my life... I reflected on how I want to live my life with even more happiness in it each and every day... no longer taking some things for granted... like something as simple as a cold glass of water or a mischievous smile from Jack... I thought about my wonderful family... and my friends who are always there for me, in good times and in bad... supporting me when I am down and out... then I thought about those who only visit or call when times are good... I will no longer worry about them... I appreciate all of you who have been with me through all of this so very much... I am reaffirming my vow to myself to surround myself with positive people... and avoiding those who are negative at all costs... I always thank God for the beautiful blessings He has given me... I shall thank Him more often... funny how sometimes it takes something like an illness to make one see more clearly... life seems so much sweeter to me now... the tiniest things make me smile... I want to do so many things... I want to do it ALL!... grab at all of the possibilities that come my way... my attitude is changing as well... I have always thought of myself as a kind person... I shall be even kinder to those in need...

Two very special friends gifted me with the most wonderful tresors while I was sick... my dear friend Celeste of Celestina Marie Designs sent me the most fabulous book!... "Summers in France" by Kathryn M. Ireland... it is a treasure trove of gorgeous photos and the true~life story of the author's journey to the south of France in search of a farmhouse to restore and spend the Summers in with her family... I read it so fast, then re~read it again it is that wonderful!... and to my delight, the town the author's farmhouse is in, Toulouse,Tarn France is just a mere 100 miles from the town of Soual, Tarn France where all of my relatives on my daddy's side of the family are from... the countryside is unspoiled to this day... open fields of sunflowers, quaint bucolic little towns, and friendly folks... I picture it looking just the same way when my family all lived there... I love the cozy, laid~back attitude the author shares... and want to make it mine as well... just making these simple changes in my mind about how I want to live my life has given me much calm already... from now on... "C'est la vie"...

One of my other dear friends, Marie Antionette (yes, that is her real name, and yes, that is how she spells it)... of Toni Dolls Creations sent me these beautiful sparkly acorns for Autumn... Marie said she knew she wanted to send me something to do with Nature, as I am such a Nature lover... these are so pretty!... they look just adorable with my little vintage Steiff squirrels for Fall... Merci ladies!... I love you both!...

C'est Moi... last week at the Farmers Market I went to with my niece Liz... it reminded me much of the photos of the open markets in the south of France... I shall pretend I am there...

And yes, I splurged... I have wanted an authentic Louis Vuitton handbag all of my life... not a replica... I never make purchases this expensive but my new mindset told me to go for it... I will use this beautiful bag the rest of my life... it's not just a new bag... to me, it is a reminder of my French heritage.... my family... the French way of life... to be lived to the fullest and enjoyed each and every day... to slow down... to slowly sip my glass of Pinot Noir, (which by the way, I just learned helps prevent kidney stones) and toast La Vie en Rose... A votre sante!... Bisous...



22 comments:

Sunray Gardens said...

What wonderful friends you have. It's time you splurged on something that expensive for you. :)
Cher Sunray Gardens

Marilou of Lulu's Lovlies and Heartful Creations said...

Beautiful post and well said, glad you are feeling better and rested. Enjoy those moments as time does fly. Hugs and blessings to you! Marilou

Amy Arnaz said...

Yahoo Julie Marie! Applause for splurging on that fab purse. You deserve it. And yes, you'll use it the rest of your life. You & I were on the same wave-length this morning because I had those very same feelings this morning. Very strong feelings about exactly what you wrote about. Kindness. The little things. Good friends. And what good news to know that little glass of wine will help you remain free of kidney stones. So glad you feel better. You look wonderful in the photo. Oh! By the way, I received my copy of your friends magazine -- The Feminine Home -- Beautiful magazine. So glad you recommended it. Keep feeling better, Julie Marie. Love you to you, Jack and of course, Tess. xoxo Amy

Olive Cooper said...

Julie-Marie, you have always had a beautiful attitude and here you are seeking to enrich it. Bless you. The LV bag is beautiful and I know you will enjoy it. hugs♥O

Blondie's Journal said...

I love your new outlook, Julie Marie. Sometimes {especially when we are recovering from an illness or injury} we have the time to peacefully think over our lives. I have been there. I want each day to be special and joyous...whatever it brings.

How sweet your friends are sending you gifts. The book looks really good...I may look for it on Amazon. And you, my friend, look beautiful and happy in the photo! Congratulations on your new purse, it's nice and big yet very elegant. I'd love to own one.

Happy you are feeling better. Don't overdo it!! ;-D

XO,
Janie

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Oh JULIE!! I cant tell you how much I love this post!! I am so happy you are happier and doing what you know is best for you. I am doing the same and feel much more content with myself and the choices I have made. It is amazing how something in your life can change and make you realize so many different things!! Celeste is just the sweetest person and what a beautiful heartfelt gift she has sent to you! The books sounds amazing for you as do those beautiful acorns! They look so beautiful in your home! And I love sunflowers :) Good for you for treating your self to that gorgeous bag!! You deserve it so much and I think we all deserve to treat ourselves to something we have always wanted!!
Love you sweetie,
Amy

Country Gal said...

Wonderful friends to have sent you those gifts! I am glad you are feeling better, Yes life is to short live it to its fullest and always remember its the little things that count and never take anything for granted a wize women told me that my mum may she(R.I.P) ! Good for you on treating yourself to a new hand bag you deserve it ! Have a wonderful eve !

June said...

Oh I love your attitude dear one. Our lives here are so short...too short to be lived with regrets! So go for it sweetie!
You look SO BEAUTIFUL in that picture with your very chic new bag.
Have you ever read French Women Don't Get Fat? I learned so much from the author on how to live life and slow down to take every thing in and enjoy it. I will have to read that lovely book you received. It sounds wonderful.
I'm am so thankful that you are feeling better. Now let's stay that way okay!
Big hugs from here...

Dawnll from Dawn's Craft Place said...

I LOVE that you were kind to yourself and bought the bag.
As woman I think we take care and worry about everyone else but sometimes neglect ourselves.
Glad you are recovering.
Blessings and you are so loved

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi June, yes, I have that book by Mireille Guiliano, and also "French Women for All Seasons"... also, I pre~ordered her newest one coming out in a couple of weeks "The French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook"... xoxo Julie Marie

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Julie Marie,
You look gorgeous and I love the new bag. You deserve it and yes, it will last a lifetime.,
Love the sparkling acorns from our talented Marie. They look awesome with your nature vignette.

I am so glad you are feeling better and I simply love your outlook and refreshed spirit. Well said and so true. I have given my thoughts to this very same direction some time ago and it is very freeing.
Life is too short, kindness matters.
So happy you enjoyed your book. Keep feeling good my friend.
Thank you for stopping by for tea. I have been trying to get here all day. Busy like crazy today!!

Love to you, Celestina Marie
Miss B sends puppy hugs to Tessy!

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

I know what you mean surrounding yourself with people that will stick with you through the good and the bad are true friends that you want to keep. Your new splurge is gorgeous. Enjoy!

hugs,
Danielle

Ana said...

Hi Julie Marie,
Beautiful and inspiring post my dear friend. Oooh and what sweet and thoughtful gifts. Love the picture of you with your new purse...Ooh, La, La! You look absolutely radiant. Have a beautiful day.

Much love,
♥Ana

Anonymous said...

You are looking fabulous! I'm so glad you are on the mend. Life has a way of reminding us of the important things to focus on. Stay happy and hope to see you soon. el

Philly and Ellie said...

Hi Ju Ju

So glad you are feeling such happiness from doing little things that so many take forgranted... I know that your operation has been hard on you and I am glad you are thinking with the glass half full. Your friends were sweet to send you gifts. That book looks like a fun and pretty read!!! I of course have to say how much I love your Bag!!!! You know I love it and you rock that bag for sure. You look pretty in your pic and I am glad you are feeling upbeat. Miss you and Love you sooooooooooo much.
Filly

Sharon Lovejoy said...

GOOD FOR YOU...I love your outlook and Hey, that bag is just right for you.

All joys and health to you,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Marie Antionette said...

How gorgeous you are my Dear One.
Celeste and I certainly love you. How can you not love a person as sweet and kind as you.I'm really happy that you are feeling better and that your new outlook on life is making you feel happy.Bles your heart...you have had a rough year with those aweful stones.Keep drinking that cold class of water. I will be back to blogging next week.
You take care and May God bless and keep you,
XXOO Marie Antionette

Marie Antionette said...

LOL...I forgot Julie Marie...That bag is just to FAB!FAB!FAB!
XXOO Marie Antionette

Kit said...

I love your new bag! So very chic. Perfect for you and I am glad you are doing so much better. Enjoy the beginning of Fall. Hugs, Kit

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Julie!!! You are the sweetest!! What a nice surprise to come home and see that you bought one of my totes!! My favorite one too! Thank you so much for always being so supportive of my work :)
I love you to pieces
Any

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Julie Marie!

I hope you are recovering and yes... pretending to be in the South of France sipping some good wine!! I loved your post Julie, we have so much to be thankful for, so much to appreciate. You look so fabulous with that bag! you go girl!!
Your sweet gifts from Celeste and Marie are wonderful. They are such terrific people!

Keep up the good recovering!

Bisous, sherry

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Ooh~La~La!!! I love your new LV bag!!! There's nothing like owning the REAL thing! Makes a girl feel special!
So happy you splurged on yourself. We deserve it! :) Hope you have recovered from your surgery and feeling much better. Love ya! XOXO,Jenn