Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nature's Paintbrush...

A gorgeous Thistle seedhead on our Nature walk the other morning...

Showing off her stunning Summer's colors...

I never touch up any of my photos... I love the colors of Nature and would not change a thing... (click to enlarge photo)... "Thistle"... what a lovely name for such a striking color and plant... I never call them weeds... to me they are wildflowers... come Fall, the seedheads are just as pretty as they dry and provide delicious seeds for our many feathered friends... I hope you will slow down and take the time to enjoy the beauty of Nature... oft times it is as close as your own backyard... xoxo...

"One touch of Nature makes the whole world kin"
~ William Shakespeare



8 comments:

Sherry@ Ties2ThePast said...

I'm with you, Julie Marie! Except for cropping, I don't do any 'fixes' on my photos either. I enjoy the beauty of the naturalness we can capture!
♥'s
Sherry

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Good Morning Julie Marie,
Oh I love your gorgeous pic of the Thistle seedhead. You take the best nature pics ever. I think you need to publish a book with your photos and writings of nature walks. I'll be the first to purchase. Please sign it too. LOL!!

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comments this morning. The shells came out pretty well and I already sold the rose design this morning in my etsy shoppe. I have a post about them tomorrow scheduled.

Have a wonderful day my friend and happy nature walks to you and Miss Tessy too.
XO Celestina Marie

Country Gal said...

Beautiful photos !
I to do not touch up my photos either I am like you nature is beautiful just the way it is and to capture it in its natural glory is amazing ! Have a wonderful day !

Olive Cooper said...

Goodness those are beautiful. Absolutely no enhancing needed just as you said!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a beautiful photo, Julie Marie! You see the most fascinating things on your walks. I wish I lived closer to the countryside...to be able to see such beauty everyday!

I hope you are enjoying your summer and that you are staying cool! :-)


XO,
Jane

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

I love these pics Julie, the color is just beautiful!
Love ya,
Amy

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Julie,
Stopping by to say hi and to view the pretty Thistle again. I just love the color. I would like it in my yard. I know it is a wildflower, but maybe it could take the heat we have. Big HOT day in the Lone Star State again! yuk!
Love you, Celestina Marie

Philly and Ellie said...

Love the Quote and The Photos are so vibrant and Beautiful!!!
The color is gorgeous. I think Nature's Paintbrush describes this art beautifully!!!
I love you
Filly