Saturday, July 30, 2011

Gathering Places...

For as long as I can remember, my favorite place to gather has always been in the garden... as I have posted about many times before, this love began when I was just a little girl in my great~grandmother's garden, my grandmother's garden and my mama's garden... much of my day is spent in my own cottage garden... peacefully strolling through it each morning in quiet solitude... then trimming, planting, watering in the daytime, and gazing at it in the soft glow of dusk before calling it a day... Jack always knows where to find me... but I wanted a pretty little garden sign telling visitors who perhaps happen upon my porch to know just exactly where I am...

I knew just who to call to create a pretty little garden sign for me... most of you probably know my beautiful friend Rebecca from her dreamy blog "A Gathering of Thoughts"... and her luscious online boutique "A Gathering Place"... everything Rebecca creates is so soft and romantic... Heavenly is the word I use for her creations... and I am thrilled that I own a number of her stunning one of a kind treasures... my little garden sign arrived in the mail today, and I love it... Rebecca has a natural instinct for knowing how to take what I have dreamt about in my mind and making it come to life...

I am always so inspired when I visit this most precious friend, and I know you will be too... I hope you will stop in at "A Gathering of Thoughts" for a visit... please do tell her Julie Marie sent you... and now, I will be "In the Garden"... xoxo...



11 comments:

It's me said...

Enjoy your weekend in the garden,...love Ria....xxx..

June said...

Hi Julie Marie,
Rebecca painted such a pretty sign for you. I love her artwork too Especially her painting of roses.

I hope you are having a great weekend.
sending hugs...

Country Gal said...

A very pretty sign ! I to love being in my gardens ! Have a great day !

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh! It came! It came! It came! I'm soooo happy you got it this week and that you love it sweet friend!

Thank you soooo much for sharing with all those who love you about my work! You bless me more than you can know.

I hope your day is wonderful...in the garden or not.

Love you, friend~

xoRebecca

Sandi said...

Lovely sign Julie Marie!! Just perfect for you too!!
Hugs~

Olive Cooper said...

I know you find peace there and so do I. The sign is very pretty.

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Julie Marie,

Indeed, she does heavenly art work! A very talented and nice lady. I am looking forward to my traincase which can be ready any time soon. For you it was Christmas in July that's for sure. Enjoy this precious piece, I certainly will enjoy mine as well.

Lots of love,

Mariette

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Julie Marie, love your sweet garden sign, it's so pretty... but everything that Rebecca does is gorgeous! Have a wonderful Sunday!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

Ana said...

Oh, it's beautiful...like everything Ms. Rebecca does. I Love it and it will look absolutely perfect on your porch.

Much love,
♥Ana

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Julie,
Your sign from Rebecca is beautiful and looks just like you and your dreamy garden.
Precious indeed from talented hands.
Love to you,
Celestina Marie

Everyday Sparkles said...

Thanks for sharing! And thanks for the delicious cookie yesterday. You are the sweetest!