Monday, June 20, 2011

Feeling Grateful to God this Morning...

This morning I am feeling grateful... grateful to God for listening to my prayers in the night and always being with me calming my fears... for the past week, I have had an excruciating pain in my lower back... I kept writing it off to doing too many things... pulling a muscle, working too hard in my gardens... lifting heavy flowerpots... etc... then, yesterday afternoon, I got that now oh too familiar pain that told me I was having another kidney stone... if you follow my blog, (thank you!), then you know that last Autumn I had lithotripsy for a huge kidney stone... I am not one to rest and lay around, but that really knocked me for a loop... I had some complications from the anesthesia, and it took me longer than it should have to recuperate... so when I got the pain again yesterday, to be honest, I began to cry... then I prayed... I knew if I had Jack take me to ER all they would do is tell my I had a kidney stone, which of course I already knew, and shoot me full of painkillers, then send me home and tell me to call my doctor this morning...


I had some of my pain pills left over from my surgery, as I am not one to take pills much either... but I took some this time, and cried as the pain intensified... and prayed... the thought of another surgery and possible complications terrified me... but, thankfully in the middle of the night I was able to pass the stone... today, I will call my doctor for further instructions... but first, I will spend some quiet time, alone, thanking God for once again listening to my prayers through my tears... I know several of my blogger friends are going through much more difficult health issues right now than mine, so I shall pray for them as well... I am a firm believer in the power of prayer... and today, I am grateful... I am also grateful for my loving family who is always there for me as well... I am blessed with a very close family... although our family is small, it is full of love... and I don't know what I would do without them... today, my niece who lives in London went back home after a two week visit here... while she was here, she wanted to see my "special spot", the little old abandoned building where the beautiful roses bloom... I am happy we were able to go there... the photo above is from this past Saturday... and lastly, I am thankful for all of my blogger friends, I appreciate you all so very much too... xoxo...



15 comments:

  1. Oh my dear sweet friend...I can only imagine what you went through. I hope all is well now and that the doctor will give you a clean bill of health. Please take it easy and take care. Sending you tons of warm hugs. Keeping you always in my heart, thoughts and prayers...

    Love ya tons,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better ~ I am sure Tess will help :-)
    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear friend- so sad that you had to have such pain. I know from several of my fiends that stones are the most excruciating things.
    I am so glad you could pass without having to go to the hospital.
    I know you understand how much faith I put in positive thoughts and prayers.
    I think that because of so many people sending me those, that I am able to face each day.
    Take care of yourself and sending you hugs and thoughts and prayers.
    blessings to you, Dawn ll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning sweet friend.....hopefully all will be well after your visit to the doc. Kidney stones are so very painful....you are one strong woman, Julie....and I know how strong your faith is and how wonderful the power of prayer is.

    Take care and you are in my thoughts,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you & hoping you are feeling better much faster than the last episode....I will be praying! I'm glad your niece was able to see your "spot" & enjoyed her time with you...hugs to you my friend !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry Julie Marie! I know that pain all too well as I have had them twice now and that pain is unlike any other. So glad you were able to pass yours without going to the ER. God is good!!
    hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feeling better soon darling......love from me xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dearest...I'm sorry to hear that you're going through some intense physical pain. Prayers definitely help, and I will pray for you as well. Meanwhile, just relax, lay low and don't work too hard. Please be careful sweet Julie Marie!
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for the pain you were experiencing. I hope that you are feeling better now. Please slow down and rest and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie Marie~

    I'm sorry to hear you have been suffering ... but hope you are on your way to fully recovering ... I'm thinking of you and sending you good gypsy vibes ; )

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie, so glad you are feeling better. I know what that pain is like, I had the same thing a few years ago... it was the worst pain I've ever had. I was rushed to the doctor,and then to the hospital for surgery, and hope I never go through it again! So glad you passed it without having to go to the hospital.
    Take care
    hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie Marie...girly this is painful. I saw my Mr. AGPMan go through kidney stones and I thought he was going to die. :(

    I sooo hope you are feeling better. Let your sweet hubster and Miss Tessy comfort you to the nines...OK?

    Thinking of you and praying you are well soon!

    Love to you...prayers going up~

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Julie Marie,
    I am so sorry to read your post about the kidney stone again. I just hate to know you had such severe pain, but glad that your prayers were answered and God saw you through the difficulty. I hope your doctor has good news in his further instructions.

    Please take care of yourself and rest and relax. You have worked hard this Spring and I understand too well, keeping going like you do.
    My prayers will be lifted high for you and better health in the days ahead.
    If you need me, I am always here for you dear one.

    Love to you,
    Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Julie Marie! We've been traveling in the camper so I'm way behind on your blog. I just read about your kidney stone issue. Glad that passed. Ouch. Hope you're on the mend. Also, love your new font! It's larger and much easier to read for these aging eyes. And cute too.
    Hope you feel well enough to enjoy your garden and the beginning of summer. Love you ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julie, dear. I'm so sorry I didn't read this until this morning. SO GLAD you didn't have to have the surgery! I've never had a kidney stone, but I know they are just horrible. God is good, glad you had some pain meds to see you through.
    Thanks you so much for the precious card and book. The book is such a wonderful reminder about friendship! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You've really made my week.
    lots of love, rest up,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete