Saturday, April 30, 2011

Welcoming May...


Oooh... the month of May has got to be the most beautiful month of all to me... the gentle Spring breeze seems to call out my name... is it by chance because it is my birth~month?... perhaps... that may be part of it, but there are so many other delights May has to offer... my garden lures me as well with it's rebirth of beautiful blooms and the arrival of my beloved Hummingbirds, butterflies, ladybugs, dragonflies and damselflies... this has been a long, long, cold winter this year... but I can feel the promise of Nature's beauty in my favorite month...
A cup of herb tea, my garden journal in hand, as I bask in the warm sun on my front porch... did I mention it has been a really long, long winter?... but of course I did... as I have been sooo impatient for Spring... I can hardly wait for my Lily~of~the~Valley to bloom... my birthflower and all~time favorite old~fashioned flower of mine as well... I love that beautiful Kate chose Lily~of~the~Valley for her bridal bouquet at her royal wedding... I also love that in doing so she honored the Queen, whose favorite flower is also the Lily~of~the~Valley... in the language of flowers, it has many meanings... my favorite is "return to happiness"... a beautiful flower for the return of a most beautiful month... sending happy thoughts your way... xoxo...



16 comments:

  1. Not knowing exactly when your birthday is besides May, may I wish you a very Happy Birthday in advance. May is a beautiful month. It is not really hot yet, flowers are in bloom, and the birds return. What more could one ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I too, love the month of May. My son turns 3 years old this month. He has been reminding me, that he wants a chocolate birthday cake for weeks now. It's the little things in life, right? Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI JULIE MARIE~THE MONTH 0F MAY IS BEAUTIFUL :)
    I WANT TO WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

    XO~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, yes. May is a wonderful time of year. And how lucky is the beautiful Julie Marie to have been born in that wonderful month!! You need to let us know, so we can wish you a happy day on the right day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What DAY is your B-day sweet friend???? Tell me. Tell me true. :)

    Love you girly~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot when your birthday is so you need to let me know Julie Marie!! :) My oldest son's birthday is May 31st and yes it is a great month!!
    Although I will say my first baby was born on Labor Day...no florists open and my second baby was born on Memorial day...no florists open, so I kinda struck out there. LOL We have always laughed about my daughter being born on LABOR day!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    Blessings~
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy May Day!!! I like the meaning behind the flowers... I like that she honored the Queen and that you like them so much too.. Hope you the month is warm and full of flowers blooming... Love and Hugs
    Filly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dear Julie,
    Yes, May is a very lovely month in so many ways. I know your birthday is right around the corner. I could not forget your special day.
    I too, love Lilly of the Valley.
    Enjoy your warmer days while you enjoy your May blooms.

    It is raining like crazy here It today but the gardens are gorgeous and green with beautiful flowers all around. Miss Beazy is not happy though and been stressed all day. It turned cold and more on the way tomorrow.
    Happy May Day and great week ahead.
    Love, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear Julie Marie....Happy May Day to you. I'm so glad spring is finally in your beautiful spot.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, Julie Marie ... it is a WONDERFUL month. A very happy month! I hope you celebrate your birthday all 31 days long!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This certainly is a very special month my dear friend. For three special reason...Your birthday, Mother's Day and Hubby and mine wedding anniversary. What a beautiful month indeed. Enjoy your birthday month my dear friend.

    Much love,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi sweet Julie Marie,
    May is indeed the loveliest of months as we get to see such beauty unfold before our eyes...You are always seeing and sharing the things in life that matter most to us readers..thats why I love you and your blog. I am trying to get back to blogging..I miss it but just haven't been able to find the time the past week..But I am so happy to come over and visit you. How are you, Jack and Tessa doing?? What is the date of your birthday?? let us know...
    Enjoy the beauty around us in this glorious month
    Love
    Bunny
    PS..Oliver says hello

    ReplyDelete
  13. May is always lovely here in the Nevada desert too. After May however, UGH! I wish the weather would just stay exactly like it is today. It is so lush where you live. Just beautiful. xoxo Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julie Marie, glad your getting to enjoy the sunshine, it's been in the 80's and 90's here in Texas, but the last 2 days it's been pretty cold, it was 49 degrees yesterday, very different for us this time of year! Julie I hope you have a wonderful birthday!
    Blessings~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete