Thursday, April 28, 2011

Once Upon a Time... A Fairytale Wedding...


Do you love fairytales and happily~ever~after stories?... I do... I always thought (and still do) that for sure if you kiss a frog he will turn into a handsome Prince... maybe that's why I am excited for the Royal Wedding tomorrow of Prince William and Catherine Middleton... to me, it takes me back to when I was a little girl, reading Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, the Princess and the Pea... every fairytale I could get my hands on... and letting my thoughts drift away... what if "I" were the Princess in the story???... what if I lived in a castle, and wore beautiful flowing gowns, and a crown of the most sparkly~ever jewels on my head, with my long hair cascading down my back... I do have my own Prince Charming now... (Jack)... and I didn't even have to kiss a frog to get him!... my home is my castle, (sometimes I wish I had a mote around it to keep all the solicitors away from our door!)... and I do have a pretty tiara... I guess you could say I am a "self~appointed" Princess, tee hee hee!...

Today, as my mind was full of thoughts of Kings and Queens, castles and the English countryside... a package arrived by post... it was stamped "Royal Mail" and I knew right away who it was from... Filly and Ellie live in London now... and the "Royal Mail" was a package for me for my upcoming birthday in May... I sooo wanted to open it, as I tend to get very excited and don't want to wait!... but Filly had specifically written on the outside of the package "Don't open it until your birthday"... sigh... I will have to wait... and wonder what is inside from "across the pond"...
The girls did send me a beautiful collectors thimble recently with the Royal Couple on it... it is so beautiful to add to my porcelain thimble collection... sorry for the glare, this is the best photo I could get of the front of it...
The back...

When my daddy passed away, Dino, my daddy's precious little doggie, stayed in the family, of course, and now he too lives in London... here he is getting ready as well for the Royal Wedding tomorrow... I think he looks like such a Royal Doggie... I love you little Dino!...
I would so love to be there in person, but I know the girls will take lots of beautiful photographs and share with me... through all of their emails and photos sent this past week, my mind continues to drift off, far away to a magical place and time... glorious London in all it's finery... as the world awaits what to me is a beautiful fairytale wedding...

No matter how old I am, I will always love fairytales and happily~ever~after stories... will you?... xoxo...


12 comments:

Debra@Common Ground said...

Hi Julie! Oh your neices are so lucky to be there and waiting "en route" for the wedding couple! They sound like two sweet girls. Be sure and let us know what's inside your Birthday Box, looks mysterious! LOL!! Have fun tomorrow watching the royals, xoxo, Debra

Mari said...

HELLO JULIE MARIE~WHAT A SWEET AND ROMANTIC POST, LUCKY FOR US GALS THAT ALREADY HAVE OUR PRINCE....LOL
DINO LOOKS TOO SWEET WITH THAT BEAUTIFUL RED ROSE COLLAR ON :)
HOW IS YOUR GORGEOUS TESSY??? IS SHE WAITING FOR HER PRINCE....HEEHEE!!

XO~MARI

Philly and Ellie said...

HELLO JU JU
I AM GLAD YOU GOT YOUR BIRTHDAY PACKAGE. WE HAD FUN PICKING YOU OUT A FEW LITTLE THINGS I HOPE YOU WAIT BUT I KNOW IT IS HARD FOR YOU HA HA... TODAY WE TOOK AMAZING PICTURES OF THE CHURCH THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED IN ETC... WE HAVE DECORATED OUR FLAT WITH KATE AND WILLIAM BANNERS AND ARE READY FOR TOMORROW. DINO IS EXCITED FOR THE BIG DAY AS WELL... I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED FAIRYTALES TOO AND FOUND MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER WITH ELLIE... LONDON IS FULL OF EXCITEMENT RIGHT NOW AND WE ARE EXCITED TO BE APART OF IT ALL. I AM GLAD YOU HAVE YOUR PRINCE JACK. TESS SHOULD WEAR HER HAT TOMORROW FOR THE ROYAL OCCASSION... WE LOVE YOU AND TRY AND WAIT UNTIL YOUR BDAY. LOVED THIS POST
FILLY XOXO

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i am so excited to see the wedding tomorrow! love this post and gosh, you certainly have some great will power not to open your gift!

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Good Afternoon Your Majesty!

Oh I do believe in fairytales...unfortunately, I kissed a few frogs that were duds back in the day...but I finally have my Prince.

i'm so excited to watch the wedding tomorrow, I looking forward to seeing the gown. Oh my, I bet you can't wait to see what's in the package and I can't either! What a cute photo of Dino, the collar is adorable.

Love to you sweet friend,
Karyn

P.S. I saw my beautiful butterfly AGAIN today!

Country Gal said...

What a lovely post !
I have been in Buckingham Palace years ago when I went to visit relatives it is behoned amazing. My mum & dad were from England . I had the pleasure of shaking the queens and the queens mums hand when they were over here in the 80s . I was raised with many of the British traditions! So I will be watching the Royal Wedding ! Have a lovely day !

Dawnll said...

Well you know I love a fairy type existence...I use to have a father -in-law that was from England- he was such a jolly chap and always called me LOVE.
He passed away 20 years ago and I still miss him each day.
My honey now isn't English but he is my prince charming..lol
Love seen a new photo of Dino- I always think about him and how sad he was when your daddy got sick.
Dino is so lucky to travel like he has...lol
Thanks for a fairytale
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Rita said...

I have to work tomorrow, so I wont see it when it happens, but I do plan to set up the VCR and tape it. I love "fairy tales" too and this should be a fairy tale wedding tomorrow! Glad your neices will be able to send you photos, as it will be a historic event. I'm sure your "royal" pup will be watching too.. tee hee! Happy Birthday in advance!

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Julie Marie,
Yes, the Royal Wedding is going to be a real life fairytale and an exciting time for the world.
How wonderful your neices are there in person. I bet you are excited to open your birthday gift. Yes, you will be the birthday girl real soon!!!
Dino is a doll and looks so regal wearing his red rose.

Love your frog wearing the crown. Yes, we are so blessed to have our prince charmings.
Love the thimble. I also collect thimbles of all sorts and have a very large collection through the years.
I hope you can be good and not open the package till your birthday!! LOL It will be a challenge.

Have a great evening and enjoy the wedding in the morning.
Love to you,
Celestina Marie

Victoria said...

I'll have to get up at 1 a.m. if I want to watch it live and I'm not sure if I can manage that! I'm a British citizen so I feel like I should watch. I have so much admiration for the wonderful job Princess Di did raising those boys, it's so sad she's not here to see his wedding but I'm sure she'll be watching from above:)

Fishtail Cottage said...

You are too cute for words! Fun that your neices sent you such a treasured gift (you do have will power girl)!....so sweet of them, not to mention you have "insiders on the scene" love that! Tess is looking pretty "Princessie" herself! Hugs to you! xoxo, tracie

Ana said...

What a sweet post Julie Marie. You are such a sweet romantic my dear friend. Love it!

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana