Monday, February 21, 2011

The Sweetest Dream...


Last night, I had the most enchanting dream... I believe it was a dream... perhaps not... I dreamt my beautiful rose "The Fairy" was blooming... even though my garden is covered in snow, and my precious plants are shivering in the cold weather, so anxious, like me, for Spring... it's oh so soft pale pink petals gently opening... it's Heavenly parfum filling the air... it was as though I was awake and a soft breeze really was teasing me, carrying it's beautiful scent through the midnight air... this is a flower~fairies favorite rose of all... oft times only the flower~fairies can smell their parfum... or those who, like me, believe with all their heart in the flower~fairies...
I lay there awake now, still in a dreamy state... yes, there was laughter... I was certain of it... a gentle, lilting sound wafting through the air as well... enticing me to get out of bed and go look out my window... the light from the still almost~full moon shone down upon my gardens... then I saw tiny little silhouettes flitting about... I rubbed my sleepy eyes... could it really be?... I blinked and blinked again until I was wide awake... then I saw two teeny little flower~fairies dancing about... then landing in my flowerpot... earlier in the day, it was empty... but tonight... oooh, tonight it was full of Verbena and Lobelia... and sweet Pink Bacopa...
Then I saw another beautiful little fairy... this one giggled as she landed in a flowerpot of Sweet Alyssum and Purple Nemesia...
And her sweet little flower~fairy sister called out to me from within a pot of Geraniums "come out and play"... I must be dreaming... it is cold out... and I am tired... I don't think the flower~fairies would be out in the cold... yes, my mind is playing tricks on me... or is it the flower~fairies playing tricks on me?...
Often, the flower~fairies will leave a secret little token for those who believe... remember... you must believe in them to see them... I believe... perhaps I shall find a special little token from them today... I believe... I believe... xoxo


16 comments:

  1. Aww so cute! I have some fairies that live in my garden too. ;) Hope your day is nice.

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing the fairies bring some spring soon.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fairies of spring are on their way! I have that rose also, such a charming one at that!
    Take Care,
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Who wouldn't believe?! Give Tess a hug for Gracie and me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post and photos, you have quite the knack for writing ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is coming friend. It was 77degrees here and we worked in the flower garden and yard all day. Wishing you warm days lovey. ♥O

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling story - I love the way you yearn for spring!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Julie Marie,
    Your post and flowers have so cheered me up as did your email, and comment on my post!!! You love animals so much that I know you understand the pain we are feeling.
    Your fairies and flowers are making me dream of spring and that knowledge that sometime in the future our pain will be replaced by happy memories of our little friends that have left us too soon.
    How is Tess?? I have also been thinking of you and your new baby. Is she well, I hope so. Please let me know when you have time
    Love
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable post... and such lovely pictures!!!
    hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie Marie~
    We call dreams like that almost-dreams. They seem too real to be a dream. How nice that pleasant thoughts go thru your mind when you sleep ... if indeed it is sleep! May the Anglels & Blossoms bless your day. xoxo Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie Marie~
    We call dreams like that almost-dreams. They seem too real to be a dream. How nice that pleasant thoughts go thru your mind when you sleep ... if indeed it is sleep! May the Anglels & Blossoms bless your day. xoxo Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Julie Marie,
    I do miss the warmer days...Spring please hurry...What a sweet post. Sure did warm up my chilly day a bit.

    Much love,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I wonder if I will be able to conjure up a dream as sweet Julie Marie? Maybe I will since yours is the last post I will read before going to bed tonight.
    I sure hope so!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, this sounds so sweet. It makes me a bit excited for spring to come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello there Julie Marie....your post today was actually quite magical.

    Xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julie,
    I love your dream and I too believe my garden has little fairies who live among my flowers.
    I hope they bring Springtime soon. Your pics are beautiful to match your words.
    Sweet Dreams my friend. XO for Tess
    XO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete