Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spring Housecleaning...


Oooh, I am so excited!... the sun is shining so bright this morning and today is supposed to be in the 50's!... after I sit and sip my morning coffee on the front porch and soak up some of this glorious sunshine, I am going to start on some of my Spring housecleaning... I really love to Spring houseclean!... I know, some of you must think I am nuts, but to me it is very therapeutic!... I love opening the windows and airing things out... getting rid of "winter" air and letting fresh~smelling Springtime air in... there is just a certain satisfaction in getting my house ready for Spring before I begin my Springtime garden cleanup and planting... I can hardly wait for that too!...

Soon our flowering crabapple trees in our backyard will look like the photo above I took a previous Spring... just looking at this pretty picture makes me so anxious to see the beautiful blossoms once again!... we have numerous birdhouses throughout our yard and gardens... they all have "For Rent" signs on them, hoping a nice little birdie couple settles in and makes one their home... did you know the birds like to Spring houseclean too? ... they do!... so, I have already put wood shavings in all of the little birdhouses... then, they like to toss it all out, doing their own version of "Spring housecleaning" and begin "feathering their own nest"... making it theirs alone... here's hoping the sun is shining brightly for you today too with happy thoughts of Spring!... xoxo...

15 comments:

  1. Hello Julie Marie,
    I love spring cleaning also able to open windows and doors to get some new air inside.
    Enjoy your day!!
    How is Tess?
    Suzann xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo looking forward to Spring, too! Your crab apple tree looks gorgeous!! What a wonderful tree to have to look forward to. We have a Fugi apple, a plum, and some fruitless pears that I can't wait to have bloom in our garden. :)
    I hope you have a wonderful week!
    xoxo,
    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie, it's so nice to have some warmer weather, it's suppose to get up to 80 here this week, you never know what it's going to do in Texas, last week ice and snow and this week in the 80's! Love your beautiful picture, it does remind me of Spring.
    HUGS~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sun Makes everything seem so alive... I have been loving the sun and it makes me think Spring is near. I am excited to go see the Eagles in Farmington soon. I bet the birds can't wait to Spring Clean in your bird houses... I bet you will get some of your regulars again. Happy Sunshine day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup me to, love to get that stale winter air out and fresh spring air in, but for me all that wont be till at least the beginning of April as our winters last longer then most. Have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet post. I'm ready for the same. I've got a list... Have a nice day. Your blooms are something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Julie Marie,
    I am soooo ready for spring too...I'm sure those cute little birdhouses will have new tenants soon...who wouldn't just love to live in your garden? Have fun cleaning my friend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for spring too! Welcome sunshine!! Hi to Tess from Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a gorgeous day! One of these days you'll have to walk your doggie over to Madeleine's. I would love to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now, I ca smell the scent of spring in that picture. Like you I've been cleaning the house like a maniac for the spring season likewise excited about planting. Say goodbye now to winter, yey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooo, lucky, lucky you Julie Marie! Spring weather and blossoms are about 3 months away for us here. ENJOY it my friend!!!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to open the windows but that lets the pollen in and defeats the purpose of cleaning. I open them anyway...and love the air. I am so ready to get in the garden too. hugs♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  13. hola julie bienvenida para la primavera para ti aca comenzara el otoño es lindo tambien y este año tu primavera sera muy maravillosa acompañada de tess seguro que se va a divertir corriendo a los pajaritos tu sabes que son cazadores te deseo quetengas un gran dia moni

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are suppose to get up to 72 today! I am so looking forward to spring too. I looked out at my three sisters garden and saw a spot of yellow. A crocus was blooming! Hooray for spring!
    Take Care,
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julie Marie,
    I guess I have also started to Spring clean since the dust forced me to. LOL
    Love your pic and the hope of a new season.
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    Now back to cleaning up more dust!! We are almost done!
    Can't wait!
    Love to you, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete