Thursday, February 3, 2011

Somewhere in a Dream....


Have you ever had a dream home in your mind... you know, a beautiful, idyllic place where your thoughts just seem to drift away to?... a home where you can imagine every tiny detail... you have no idea where it is... or if it really exists... I have such a place in my thoughts... a simple, country home sitting amongst a field of daisies, with flowers of all kinds clamboring up the walls and spilling over in the gardens...


I took this picture two days ago... it is actually a picture of a picture that hangs in the womens health center at our local hospital where my sister and I went to visit one of our friends who works there... it is the home from my dream... but how do I find this enchanting place?... it was a print, not an original painting and the signature was illegible... I want to live there... wherever "there" is... but for now, I shall visit it in my dreams... perhaps one day I shall happen upon it for real... do you have a dream home your thoughts carry you away to?... xoxo



11 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I dream of a big old farmhouse in the country with a barn full of animals and kids running everywhere! A huge veggie garden and flowers everywhere.

I think we are on the same track with our dreams! The print is beautiful! Have you ever gone to All Posters.com...they have a ton of art prints in every category imaginable. You might be able to find several dream houses!

XO,
Janie

Deb said...

What a lovely painting & dreamy home. It does look like an enchanting place to live - and a field of daisies sounds idyllic ♥ I hope you find the name of the artist and learn more about your "dream home"

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sweetie!! Oh my gosh, I LOVE this post! All my life I have had a recurring dream of a place and I have loved that place and felt connected to it since I can remember. It is a small house all alone in a meadow with overgrown grass, weeds and flowers. Oh i love it so. I love that picture too and it looks like a perfect place to dream of :)
When Savannah is born, I will be sending you pictures and emails of her :)
Love and miss you!!
Amy

Bobbi said...

Very nice... it looks so peaceful and lovely there. My dream home might look much like the one on the picture.

Vicki said...

How sweet! I would dream of a farm house with a big red barn and a studio in a large shed. Dogs and animals to care for and plenty of room for the kids.

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

What a beautiful dream house.... I dream of a very large French home, filled with gorgeous French furniture, and of course lots of animals!!! Hope you have a wonderful and warm day.... it's really cold and lots of snow here in Texas!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

My Grama's Soul said...

Good morning Julie....Like a lot of you...I have lived in a few places over my life....each spot has been special.
I think I have always operated on the premise of "BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED". The one thing I can say tho is I really would like to live in a small town....not a big city. I always have been a small town girl.

Xo

Jo

Drawn to The Sea said...

The boat... a clue... it's by the sea. As my perfect cottage should also be :-)

Peaceful day.

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Julie Marie,
What a gorgeous picture you share of your dreamy home. I often think back to my Aunt Conchetta's home in the hills of PA. It was an old country farmhouse with many rooms and big front porch where we all sat and visited. In the background were the hills that went for miles. The grounds were overflowing with beautiful gardens and the sound of the 13 kids that lived there.
Thank you for provoking such special memories.
Have a great weekend.
Keep Dreaming!!
Love, Celestina Marie

*Ulrike* said...

Such dreams are good for the soul!
:)
Ulrike

dogsmom said...

It took me many many MANY years but I am living in something of my dream house. To others it looks like a rundown shack, but to me it is beautiful.

I see you found the Farm Friend Friday party and wanted to tell you also of a Barn Charm meme on Monday evenings. I'll have a post up tomorrow.