Friday, February 25, 2011

A Farm~fresh Journal... and Bunnies for Easter...


I wanted to post my beautiful new Farm style journal today I asked my friend Sheila to create for me at Blessed and Distressed... I call her blog Blessed and De~stressed however, because it always makes me so happy to look at all of the beautiful things she creates!... Sheila posted how she created it today on her blog, along with gorgeous photos of it and which elements she used, some new, some vintage... please visit her and take a peek!... you too will feel Blessed and De~stressed!...


I am starting to get some of my Easter things out to decorate with...last year, I bought a cute little bunny at the dollar store... just a plain, simple little bunny, who, when I brought her home, asked to be dressed up in some Easter finery... so, out came my silk ribbons and lace... a few millinery flowers... and, of course a yummy carrot to munch on...

She turned out soo cute, I went back and brought her sister home... sissie bunny was fufu'd up too, and asked if I might go back for her cousin bunny...

I can never say no to any bunny!... so home came cousin bunny...cousin bunny so loved how she looked, and convinced me to bring home some more of the family...
You know me and animals... how quickly we went from one bunny to six... but of course... they are family!... and they are getting excited for Easter this year as well...
Easter is late this year... not until April 24th... did you know that the date Easter is celebrated is always the first Sunday after or on the first full moon after the Spring Equinox in the northern hemisphere?... my goodness... I wonder how many bunnies I will have by then?... you know how quickly they multiply!... xoxo...


19 comments:

Country Gal said...

They are so cute. I love the easter bunny's they have now a days ! Lovely photos and post. Have a wonderful day !

Suzann said...

Julia Marie,
What sweet bunnies!!!
And yes they do multiply fast!!!
Enjoy!!!
Suzann ~xoxox and hugs to Tess

Mari said...

HELLO JULIE MARIE~OH MY WHAT SWEET BUNNIES YOU HAVE :) LOVE THIS POST MY SWEET FRIEND :) JUST PUT A BIG OLE SMILE ON MY FACE :)

XOX~MARI

Blondie's Journal said...

These are precious, Julie Marie, and they don't look like Dollar Store bunnies after getting your magic touch!

Hope all is well with Tess!

XO,
Jane

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

Julie Marie,
Those bunnies are too, too cute! The dollar tree, you said?? No way! I will have to go pick some up. They look so cuddly.

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

I love them all, they are so cute :):) There could never ever be too many bunnies :) Good thing they multiply!! teehee
Love you big sis,
Amy

Dawnll said...

I love your new journal! It looks so precious with all those fun goodies.
Oh my you are going to need a lot of hutches for those bunnies!
I also love to collect "older"bunnies and tuck them in all over the house.
Hugs my friend

Olive Cooper said...

Haha...your bunnies did what bunnies do sweetie...they multiplied. hugs♥O

KarenHarveyCox said...

These are so adorable, I love Easter and that Easter bunny has stolen my heart.

Happy Pink Saturday,

Karen

A Vintage Chic said...

What a beautiful journal, Julie Marie...Sheila is so amazing!

Love all your bunnies...think I'll be getting mine out next week...can't wait!

Wishing you the loveliest weekend, my friend!

Julie

Bobbi said...

So many adorable bunnies. Don't let the doggies in the neighborhood know how weak you are when it comes to collecting critters. The next thing you know, Tess will not be an only child. haha..

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh dear lady.....I just read your last few posts.....first of all I LOVE it that you decorate for ALL the holidays.

Secondly, you are such a kind and caring woman I cannot imagine anyone who would not want to be your friend. Stay true to yourself....as you always do!

hugs,

Jo

Tutti Chic said...

How adorable those bunnies are! cutest photos! :) chris

bikim said...

so cute !!!!!
enjoy your weekend!
Rosa

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Oh Julie Marie, your journal is gorgeous... and what cute bunnies you have too! I was in the Dollar store yesterday and bought 3 bunnies, and I'm going to put them on the table as a center piece, they were so cute and very reasonably priced! I'm sure I will show them off soon! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
Hugs~~~ Daphne

Kit said...

They are sooo cute! I love the whole group of them. They make me smile! Kit

Amy Arnaz said...

Good Morning Julie Marie~
I clicked over to Sheila's blog and saw more photos of the journal she made for you. Love it. I have a friend who makes homemade gifts for me and I am always appreciative of the TIME she puts into her gifts. It makes me feel humble knowing she values our friendship that much ~ I bet you feel the same way. Love your bunnies! xoxo Amy

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Dear Julie Marie,
What adorable bunnies that live with you. I love bunnies and love to paint them too.
So glad that Easter is later this season. Gives me more time to catch up on creating.
After seeing your inspiring pics, I am looking forward to Easter and decorating soon.

Love to you, Celestina Marie

Ana said...

Just too cute...Love the bunnies all dressed up.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana