Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Do You Believe in Flower~Fairies ?...


Silly me, of course you do... or you would not have arrived here at Idyllhours... where fairy wings and daydreams and butterfly kisses fill the air... did you know that every time a new story is told, a fairy is born? It is so... I believe... it is also said that those who truly believe, with all their heart, will be given little gifts from the flower~fairies at times... a little enchanted token of some sort to thank you for believing in them...


Yesterday, as Jack and I started on our daily Nature walk, I was certain I saw something flitting about in my garden... could it be?... was it really and truly a flower~fairy?... flower~fairies are quite elusive even on the warmest of summers eves, and even more so in the cold winter months... I blinked and just as quick whatever I had seen move had vanished... poof!... but there, under a blanket of snow covering my garden, I saw the most beautiful purple flower... but it is December I thought to myself... and it is cold and my precious plants are asleep for the long winter... I gingerly reached down, and there it was... a beautiful bloom on my Speedwell... the very deepest purple... then another... and another... I carefully picked each and every lovely bloom... pondering how this could possibly be?... then I remembered what is told down through the years... that those who truly believe in the flower~fairies will indeed be given a gift... I am certain the flower~fairies know how much I love them... I even wrote a very special poem for them here last summer... they know...

What a delightfully enchanting gift they left for me... they know I am anxiously awaiting Spring, and all of the beautiful treasures it brings... they too are dreaming about Springtime and fairy dances in the moonlight on warmer April eves...I shall place these precious gifts in my flower~press... to preserve them for all time... and yes, I shall begin a Flower~fairy journal... I so love to write about the flower~fairies... and perhaps place one of my beautiful purple Speedwell in the journal to remind me of my priceless gift... and, as always... I shall believe... do you? ... xoxo

11 comments:

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

What a beautiful post Sweet Friend! The Flower Fairies let you a beautiful gift...I need to believe...so far all I've seen around here is the Weed Fairy.
xoxo
Karyn

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Whoops...I meant left you, darn typos!

My Grama's Soul said...

Hello sweet friend....Oh I can tell....you want Spring to arrive....a few more months of winter sweet one....and then every thing in your lovely garden will awaken.

By the way...I believe what you call Speedwell ....i call Lavender...am I right about this?

Hugs dear lady,

Jo

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Jo... no, I grow lavender as well, but it is not the same as Speedwell, or Veronica as it is also called... xoxo Julie Marie

Blondie's Journal said...

How lucky for you to find a sign of spring after all of your snowy weather. Must be the flower fairies...what else could it be? :-)

XO,
Jane

Mari said...

HELLO JULIE MARIE~

OHHH I TOO LOVE FAIRIES :) I JUST LOVE YOUR POST THERE ALWAYS SOO SWEET AND MAGICAL :) LIKE YOU :)
I WISH YOU AND YOURS A VERY HEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIEND :)

HUGLETS~XO~MARI

Char said...

Happy New Year to you sweet one. Thank you for visiting me today, I so appreciate it.
I do believe, but you have some time to dream, all beautiful things need their rest before they awaken in the spring with their splender......Char

Sharli said...

Julie Marie,
Your flower fairies love you! How delightful! Of course, we all love you, too!

Hugs!!

Fish Tail Cottage said...

Closing my eyes....."i do believe, i do believe"...
xoox
~tracie

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Darling post Julie and it makes me think of spring :)I LOVE the fairy, elf and bunny statue :)
Hugs,
Amy

Susanne Alexander-Heaton said...

I am a believer. Thank you for sharing your heart-warming story of the flower faeries. I had a beautiful experience with a brilliant flash of blue light while outside cross-country skiing on Boxing Day. I knew there was special meaning, and when my friend picked from my AmyBrown Wisdom Deck cards, she drew, you guessed it, The Blue Faery! The Blue Faery offers calmness and peace. How perfect a message was that from when I had been immersed so deeply in nature. ;)
Sending plenty of sunshine and faery magic,
Susanne