Thursday, December 30, 2010

As the New Year Approaches...


Wishing you all a beautiful beginning to the new year... as the old year comes to a close, I reflect on all of the things it brought my way... some good, some not so good... but I will remember the positive things... and put the not so good to sleep... as always, I will thank God for the many blessings He has given me, my loving family, and my family who has gone before me who are always at my side and in my heart... their love will never fade...



As I gaze once more upon the beautiful cognac bottle that was a gift to my daddy from France in WWII, I am reminded of those who have fought and continue to fight to keep us strong and free... to them I am eternally grateful... I shall pray for their safe return in the coming year... and to all of you, my most heartfelt wishes for a blessed New Year... Cheers!... xoxo


17 comments:

Debra@Common Ground said...

Have the Happiest of New Years, dear Julie!
Love and Blessings,
Debra

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Happy New Year doll!! Hope it is your best year ever!
Love,
Amy

Kelly said...

What a beautiful post Julie~
I wish the same for you and your family!!

Xo Kelly

A Vintage Chic said...

Such lovely reflections, Julie...Wishing you and your family the most wonderful, happy & healthy New Year...thanks for all you share, my friend.

Julie

Denise said...

God bless and Happy New Year to you.A lovely post.

Dawn said...

Many blessings and good wishes for 2011 my friend!

My Grama's Soul said...

Good morning sweet lady.....here is wishing the happiest of New Years to you....Next year should be a good one!

Xo

Jo

Blondie's Journal said...

Such a sweet post, Julie Marie. Wishing you all the same and more in the coming year!

XO,
Jane

Bobbi said...

What a beautiful post, Julie Marie. Thanks for that reminder, and have a beautiful holiday.

Olive Cooper said...

Happy New Year Julie-Marie! {{{hugs}}}

Shabbyfufu said...

Happy New Year to you sweet lady.....I wish only good things for you and Jack in 2011. xoxo from all of us here (yes, including Murphy!)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Beautiful share Julie Marie...
Just beautiful. Thank you for the good thoughts sweet one and I wish You and Your family the Happiest and Merriest of New Years. Big things for 2011 sweet one.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Jeni said...

Wishing you a wonderful New Year! I'm so happy we're friends.

Alice W. said...

Wishing you a blessed and wonderful new year Julie! Lots of love from me and Renoir :)

Sandi said...

Happy New Year to you too Julie Marie!! May it be the best one yet.
hugs~

Olivia said...

Happy New year!
Hugs,
olivia

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi sweet Julie Marie,
I love that photo of your old, very loved cognac bottle. It should be on a postcard/card, it's truly a gem!

Lots of happy wishes for you and yours in the new year to come forward to dream. Safe/sound New Year's Eve, dear friend!
(Things are finally getting back to normal here, two very long walks in a row... 'bout time, right ;)
xoxo~Tracie