Monday, November 22, 2010

Vintage Christmas...


Just those words conjure up beautiful images in my mind of Christmases past... precious people, trees, decorations... memories... simpler, gentler times... do these things call out to you, like they do me?...

If so, then I hope you will join me at Common Ground the entire month of December as Debra hosts "Vintage Inspiration Friday... Vintage Christmas"... the top photo is a little peek into yesterday with part of my vintage Christmas collection... I can't wait to share more with you, and also see what you all have collected over the years... what memories you recall from your childhood, what traditions you carry on... and what you love most about Christmases from days gone by...

I have been collecting vintage Christmas my entire lifetime, starting with my own little Putz houses and villages from my childhood... I have gathered sooo many things over the years and have posted links to my vintage Christmas posts from last year on my sidebar under the pretty little pink deer... I wasn't going to join the party this year since I posted so much last year, but Debra is so sweet and her parties all look like sooo much fun, I signed up afterall... I've been decorating like crazy for the past week, and taking photos and having such a good time getting ready for the party... I hope you join in the fun too!... wishing you all a most beautiful Thanksgiving filled with most abundant blessings... xoxo... ***Tuesday am... today a major winter storm is predicted here, with blizzard conditions and 70 mph winds... the high tomorrow will only be 15 with a low of 3 degrees... could you ladies in Florida and Texas and California please send some warm weather and sunshine my way???... xoxo Julie Marie

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!


11 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Just beautiful, Julie! I love the sweet Putz houses, too...everything vintagely Christmas is dear to me!

Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely displays throughout the season, my friend!

Wishing you a most wonderful Thanksgiving!

Julie

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Hi Sweet Friend!

You have one of the most incredible Vintage Christmas collections I have ever seen! Looking forward to seeing your posts on Vintage Inspiration Friday's.

Happy Thanksgiving Gorgeous and abundant blessing to you and your Sweet Jack!

xoxo
Karyn

Sandi said...

Your houses and trees are so cute Julie Marie. I collected the little white houses for years and have several now.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings~

Kit said...

Oh I am soooo glad you are going to particpate. I just love seeing all your lovely treasures. I must say, I only have a few items left from my childhood. My mother was one to not hold on to things. But I have made up for it by replacing my memories with "vintage" new items. Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Kit

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Julie Marie, everything is so beautiful can't wait to see more!!! Sounds like bad weather your way... hope it's better for Thanksgiving, and hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

My Grama's Soul said...

Hello dear friend......I'm in AZ and it is overcast and cold here....so....alas.....no sun from me I'm afraid (O:(O:...however....I can send you my best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs,

Jo

Mari said...

HELLO SWEETIE,

WOW!!! THAT'S AN AWESOME COLLECTION YOU HAVE,
REALLY I AM IN AWE OF IT...LOL
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING MORE OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL COLLECTION :)
HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY THANKSGIVING SWEET FRIEND WITH ALL YOUR LOVED ONES :)

HUGLETS~XOX~MARI

Bobbi said...

Beautiful, as always! My hubby has been asking people for the past month 'do you know what a putz is?' He's putting together my Christmas village, and said he needed to put together a putz and I'm like...' what's a putz?' And so began his mission to find someone else-somewhere who knows what a putz is. I think he only found one person who recognized the word. Hubby's recollection comes from his late German-born grandfather who called a display of trains and houses a putz. It was fun seeing the word mentioned in your blog, after it had been the topic of conversation for hubby for the past month.

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Julie Marie,
It's great you're joining in the party. You are the perfect person to attend the vintage Christmas event for sure!

I love your new profile photo, it's beautiful. You are beautiful inside and out, what a lovely blessing!

I'm here to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving, both you and Jack. I am thankful for your friendship sweets! I'm sitting here reading my Mary Jane's Farm right now, super duper cold here tonight.
Love to you, ~Tracie

Marie Antionette said...

Happy Thanksgiving Dearest,
I too love the Putz houses.They are adorablely beautiful.You know I love old vintage Christmas.
Anyway You have a wonderful turkey day hon,
Blessings,
XXOO Marie Antionette

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Julie,
I love your vintage collectibles. You are going to have so much fun in the showing of your vintage Christmas.
Your pics are wonderful! I know your treasures are very dear to you.

Hope you are staying warm.
It was in the 80's again today. Enough already!!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Love to you, Celestina Marie