Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful...


It is early, early morn here in Centerville... the blizzard that blew in last night was not quite as bad as expected, but nevertheless, our countryside is blanketed in a soft, heavy covering of snow... the chilling winds let up for a bit, but now are back... it is currently 7 degrees... this is how "my" beautiful barn will look this morning when I don my heavy jacket, muffler, hat, boots and gloves and head out for our daily Nature walk...(I took this photo just about a year ago to the date)...


I glance out my window where the streetlamp is casting a soft glow on the newfallen snow, oooh!... the deer have had a party in our backyard... little deer hoof prints everywhere!... as I count my many blessings this Thanksgiving, and all of the things I am so very thankful for, I will include all of God's precious little creatures in my thoughts as well... so many times when life's troubles or cares have gotten me down, I turn to Nature for comfort...

"Study Nature, love Nature,
stay close to Nature,
It will never fail you." ~Frank Lloyd Wright


This Thanksgiving, I hope you too will take time to be thankful for all of the beauty of Nature that surrounds us... Thanksgiving blessings to you... xoxo


18 comments:

Mari said...

HELLO JULIE MARIE,

HOW BEAUTIFUL YOU BARN LOOKS WITH THE NEW FALLING SNOW :) LOVE THE PIC!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!

HUGLETS~XO~MARI

My Grama's Soul said...

Good morning Julie Marie...Oh what a beautiful sight that snow must be....I have not had a snow filled Christmas since I was a child in Kansas.

By the way.....your blog changes are just beautiful......!!!!!

Xo

Jo

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

I LOVE your header!! And such a beautiful picture in this post too!! I hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving sweet friend!
Love ya,
Amy

Sharli said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Julie Marie!
What a beautiful photo - your barn is so pretty in it's white blanket!
Hugs!

Olive Cooper said...

Happy Thanksgiving dear friend. I am thankful to be able to visit this blog. hugs♥O

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Hello Sweet Friend,

Fresh fallen snow is so beautiful and what a beautiful barn you have!

How wonderful that you still do your nature walk in that freezing cold, you are one brave nature lover.

Thanksgiving blessings to you my friend!

xoxo
Karyn

Dawn said...

Oh I love your new profile picture- you are just so beautiful my friend.
I know snow is beautiful, I just hate how slippery and dirty it gets so fast.
We just had a tornado only 5 mins from our house two days ago and snow for tonight.
Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

June said...

I LOVE your new picture on your sidebar Julie Marie. It's beautiful!
That barn is such a great landmark. I love your photo of it.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving sweet.
Hugs to you...

Blondie's Journal said...

What a beautiful picture! I don't envy the 7 degrees though! Stay warm, my friend.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!

XO,
Jane

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Cher Julie Marie,
So thankful here too!
xoxo~Tracie

Kit said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy the snow. Kit

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Julie Marie,
Love seeing your beautiful barn dressed in snow. Just an awesome pic. I love your new beautiful blog pic too. Simply gorgeous!!
Best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful Thanksgiving. Stay safe and warm.
Love to you, Celestina Marie
p.s your header is gorgeous too!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Thank you for your very sweet comment, Julie Marie. Happy Thanksgiving (on the actual day ;) to you!!!

I'm getting ready for my walk w/Shayne, it's cold this morning, it's 31 degrees, they're calling it cooled sunshine here... like that term! Stay warm there, sweet friend!
xoxo~Tracie

Bobbi said...

How beautiful are your words as well as your barn picture... Thank you Julie Marie, for the sweet comment on my last post -so appreciated!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Char said...

It looks so cold there. Burrrrrr
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I hope you stay warm and eats some great food this day. Char

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oooh Tracie... 31 sounds like a heat wave to me! We are 0 right now with the wind chill making it -14, YIKES! xoxo Julie Marie

Sheila Rumney said...

Hope you Thanksgiving is filled with loved ones. The snow is beautiful!

Char said...

Oh it sounds so cold there. Keep warm, but I would imagine if you are cooking today, the oven will provide a warm and cozy kitchen. Just think, with the wonderful smells of a turkey baking, it will be heaven. And you do have a great view outside. Me? we have sunshine. It would be nice to see some snow....Char