Friday, November 19, 2010

Simply Pink...

In my previous post, I told you how I was starting to decorate our home for the holidays... with boxes and boxes of beautiful vintage tresors I have collected over my lifetime... the little pink tree was purchased several years ago... the tree is not vintage, but the beautiful palest of pale pink ornaments are... circa 1950...

I love how pretty it looked with nothing on it but these pastel tresors from yesteryear... as I decorate, many thoughts and memories drift through my mind... ten years ago this year, my beautiful sister Jo passed away from breast cancer... as I looked at my pink tree, I thought about how much I miss my big sis and love her so... she could light up a room with her smile... meet one hundred new people at a meeting she was speaking at and walk out the door with a hundred new friends... my nieces called her GoGo, as she was always on the go, living each day of her life to the fullest... and is now one of my many guardian angels...

GoGo... this one is for you... xoxo



4 comments:

~Philly and Ellie~ said...

Hi Ju Ju,

I wanted to comment to this post because it made me think of Go Go and all she went through and how much I love her... I can see that the Pink Tree would remind you of her... She really could Light up a room with her beautiful Smile!! She was so friendly and people just wanted to be around her. She was/is an amazing woman and someone I am so happy was in my Life for so Long... I am So Happy you are My aunt as well and I love this Little tree in Her Honor... She is watching over all of us. It is funny how our nicknames for you and GO always stuck. You stayed Ju Ju and Jo was always Go Go... I am Lucky to have two great aunts and this tree is Beautiful Just Like both of you!!! Love FiLLy xxx

Mari said...

HELLO JULIE MARIE,

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WAY TO HONOR YOUR DEAR SISTER :)
LOVE YOU LITTLE PINK TREE, TOO CUTE :) MY SWEET HUBBY JUST SURPRISED ME WITH ONE JUST YESTERDAY :)

XO~MARI

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

What a lovely post Sweet Friend...your sister sounds like she was an amazing, vibrant woman who made everyday count...that's the best! I'm glad she's still with you and watching over you Sweet Friend and she must be so thrilled that you think of her in such a sweet and touching way!

xoxo
Karyn

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh...you make me want to cry. It will be 3 years on the 27th that I lost my beautiful sister Leslie. Maybe some day I will be able to share. Jo sounds like she was everything to you and so was Leslie. I'll be thinking of you tonight, sweet friend.

Xo,
Jane