Monday, November 29, 2010

A Vintage Flower~frog Christmas Tree...





 December 20th, 2012... I first posted this way back in November of  2010...  but I wanted to join in with Debra's last Vintage Christmas Party for the year at Common Ground this week, so I am linking it again...  some of you saw it back in 2010 but most of you did not...  hope you enjoy it!... thanks for hosting the party Debra!...  xoxo  Julie Marie


Have you ever seen a Christmas tree made out of vintage flower frogs?... probably not, I just made it up!... tee hee hee... yes, I am ten years old again at Christmas time... I was stacking some of my vintage flower frogs to dust underneath them, when I thought they looked like a little Christmas tree... (I KNOW what you are thinking... "doesn't take much to amuse HER'")... you are right!... I love being silly sometimes... okay, I love being silly ALOT of times!... (all my laugh lines on my face prove it!)...

  
So, I put my precious little angel with the broken wing (yes, she was a "fallen angel" years ago, but later in life changed her ways)... on the top of the "tree" along with some of my mini vintage ornaments and bells at the bottom of it...


 
My beautiful little "fallen angel" is over fifty years old...her little head is out of spun cotton... she was mine when I was a little girl... I love her so...

  
But sometimes, she says the spikes on the flower frogs are a little hard to sit on... Ouch!...
  
So a little vintage Santa takes over for awhile... and she flies back to my big vintage decorated tree... wishing you a beautiful, whimsical, happy~decorating for Christmas kind of day...okay, I have been having too much fun playing... back to my housework!... (anyone who makes fun of my flower~frog tree will be banned from my blog!... tee hee hee!)... xoxo...



15 comments:

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Oh my gosh JULIE!!! I love it!! what a darling idea!! Love the angel so much too!!
Big hugs,
Amy

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Thanks Amy!... xoxo Julie Marie

Dawn said...

Now who would make fun of such a pixie like you?
I think your adorable- and love the frog idea. These are one thing I keep saying I will pick up and never have. I would love some to display my cards and scrapbook layouts when I take pictures.

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, this is darling! Very much 'in' with the farmhouse look that is so popular now. Soon we will be seeing them all over thanks to your ingenuity!

XO,
Jane

Olive Cooper said...

Fabulous...and now you started a new vintage trend!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Thanks ladies... I have kept my farmhouse look since we built our little farmhouse I blogged about and moved into it 25 years ago...(although I live in a different home now)... trends come and go, but I think the "Country" look is timeless... xoxo Julie Marie

Tanza said...

Hi Julie,
What a sweet idea by you .. you saved the fallen angel .. hahaha .. All your Christmas is soo pretty, and soo cozy looking there .. I'm having a hard time believing it's this time already !! What a beautiful time of year, and I try to just enjoy each day !! Thanks for coming by to say hello .. I always enjoy my visits with you sweet friend ~
HuGs ~Tanza~ xo

Vicki said...

I love this and may have to copy it! lol I think it is absolutely darling!

Vicki said...

I love this and may have to copy it! lol I think it is absolutely darling!

Creative Grammie said...

Aloha Julie;
You are funny indeed! I love your frog tree, but I especially love your angel! What wonderful memories you must have with her.
TFS

Bobbi said...

I love your flower-frog Christmas tree! And Santa looks just fine sitting there... Love the angel too! Julie Marie, you must have saved everything from your Christmas pasts. How wonderful!!! Did you save vintage toys as well? LOVE THESE!

Mari said...

OHHH JULIE, YOUR SO FUNNY AND CREATIVE I LOVE YOUR LITTLE FROG TREE...ITS ADORABLE!! BUT YOUR VINTAGE FALLEN ANGEL IS GORGEOUS I WOULD LOVE HER TOO :)

HUGLETS~XO~MARI

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Julie Marie, I just love your little flower frog Christmas tree, I think it is adorable... and so is your angel, so sweet that you have kept it all these years I know it is very special to you! I am now your newest follower... finally I'm able to join as a follower again, YEA!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Julie Marie,
What a cute, whimsical post. Love your flower frog Christmas tree and time loved ornaments.

Happy evening to you & happy week!!
xoxo~Tracie

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

That is so cute! I have a little collection of flower frogs...wonder if they would "stack up" like that? Only one way to find out...off I go.

Judy