Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fabulous Fifi, Romantic Prairie Style and an Email From Fifi Herself...


Most of you know Fabulous Fifi through her blog "Chez Fifi" and as Editor of our favorite magazine "Romantic Country"... I have "met" her several times through our emails to each other, one time inquiring about her yard~sale items and one time asking permission to borrow a photo from her beautiful blog (I am very serious about following proper blogger etiquette!)... and to ask her about the town in France my ancestors are from...today, I sent her an email about her beautiful new book, "Romantic Prairie Style", and asked her several questions... she is called "Fabulous Fifi" for a reason!... she immediately emailed me back, answered my questions, and attached the following photos for me to post when I told her I wanted to post about her new book... I mentioned to Fifi that I thought I had read on one of her posts that she was sixty~something years old... and how incredibly beautiful, creative and full of energy she is... Fifi wrote back that she is sixty~five years old (can you believe it???), and yes, to include that in my post... I am sixty one and not ashamed to say so... with so many movies, tv programs, beauty products, clothes, you name it, being geared towards the "twenty~somethings" these days, it is sooo refreshing to see that getting a bit older does NOT mean getting OLD... this is a current photo Fifi sent me, and she looks stunning!... she is so vibrant and full of life... no wonder we all adore her!...

I could spend hours (and some days I do!) browsing through all of the beautiful photos on her blog, and watching "Fifi Tv"... Fifi is the real thing... kind and sweet with a heart of gold... I love that she cares so much about Nature and animals... and her cute "assistants" have their prominent place on her sidebar... so when I found out she had a new book coming out, I wanted to know more... here is the front and back cover photos she emailed me...

Isn't this dreamy... with so many different decorating styles out there, I can honestly say THIS is my style... this is ME... I can't wait to see more!... I have always loved the country style, with a touch of romance... it reminds me of my grandmother's home... cozy and comfy but with lace and pretties mixed in with Nature and rustic furnishings...I LOVE the photo on the back cover below of the sweet horse grazing in the pasture as you look out that beautifully accented window...if you have followed my blog at all (thank you!), then you know what a Nature lover I am and I love simple things... her description of what the book is about enticed me so... "Romantic Prairie Style embraces simple pleasures, comfort, and the long~cherished ideals of natural beauty, simplicity, and harmony with the earth. It's a style that says "home" wherever you may be"... doesn't that captivate you as well?...

Fifi was kind enough to send me the direct link to pre~order her beautiful book... here is the link that will take you right to Amazon and Romantic Prairie Style...I love what Fifi wrote in her latest post, "Hey, even a skinny girl AND her cats have to eat, so the more book I can sell, the more tuna I can buy for the kitties"... mine is already pre~ordered!...I hope you will pre~order one too... let's help those kitties get LOTS of yummy tuna!... (can we really wait until May????)... oooh I want mine now!... if you have not visited Fifi before at her fabulous blog, Chez Fifi, I hope you will click on my link and say hello... please tell her Julie Marie sent you if you are going from my blog to hers!... Bisous...


14 comments:

  1. LOVE Fifi, love her blog. Would LOVE the book lol, but it will not be here, so will have to drool haha.

    Love and hugs from Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fifi, sounds like a very nice person. she looks much younger her actual age. lovr country style with as you say romantic. liked the photos in the magazine. rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowie! Just another reason I love coming to your blog - you have some of the coolest connections! Yes, I agree that Fifi is amazing! Yes, I agree also that May seems like an eternity away - but I also know how fast the months are flying by these days! Thanks for the link, Julie Marie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Julie Marie, my friend,
    I did not know that Fifi had published a book. Thank you for letting me know. It looks wonderful! I love Romantic Country Magazine, a personal favorite of mine, so know I will love her book, too. Hope you are having a terrific autumn weekend~love always~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie Marie,
    Looks like a wonderful book...thanks for sharing....I will definitely pick one up when it comes out!
    Happy day!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello friend.....I , too, love Miss FiFi....and that book looks scrumptious....I'm going to order mine.

    Xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just love Fifi. I visit her blog regularly. I went ahead and pre-ordered her book as you suggested. Thanks for the share.

    el

    ReplyDelete
  8. HELLO SWEETIE...

    OHH FIFI IS SUCH A CUTIE AND KIND!!! I JUST LOVE HER, AND SHE DOES A WONDERFUL JOB ON THE MAG, WHICH HAPPENS TO BE MY VERY FAV!!!

    XOX~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Evening Julie Marie,
    Thanks for letting us know about this new book of Fifi's, it looks so beautiful and I am sure it is filled with so many pretty creations.
    I am happy to hear you are having such a nice Autumn, isn't it just so wonderful, God created such joy for us all
    God Bless
    xxx
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Fifi! How exciting. I'm off to pre-order right now. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...I have to get that book when it comes out....Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie Marie, Fifi, sounds like a wonderful person, I'm sure her book is going to be amazing, I'm headed over to visit her blog... thanks for sharing!!! hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm shocked that Fifi is 65 and that you're 61!! You look fabulous daaahling!! I'm 61 too and feel it's only a number... life and age is what you make it.

    Bisous, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great post! It is so refreshing to read about women who are proud to announce their age ~ Fifi's new book looks amazing and I am looking forward to it. How exciting to have received an email from her ♥ And Congratulations on being published in your friends magazine! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete