Monday, August 23, 2010

Homemade Applesauce...

Autumn is my favorite time of year for making yummy things to eat... one of them is applesauce... here is a no~fail recipe from one of my favorite Autumn cookbooks I use that is super yummy!...


4 lbs tart cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1/3 cup granulated sugar
grated rind of 2 lemons
grated rind of 2 oranges
juice of 1 orange

Put the apples into a heavy pan with a little water. Cook over a gentle heat until soft and mushy. Mash to a smooth pulp. Add the sugar, grated rinds and orange juice and continue to cook, stirring until the sauce is smooth and the sugar has dissolved. Makes 4 1/4 cups. We love to eat it with a toasted English muffin!... xoxo






8 comments:

  1. HELLO SWEETIE,
    I WILL HAVE TO GIVE THIS A TRY!! MY HUBBY LOVE'S APPLE SAUCE!! I ALSO LOVE THE FALL ITS MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING IT WITH US GAL PALS!!!

    HUGLETS~XOX~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds super-good to me! YUMMO! Maybe my Miss K and I can make this on her next weekend visit!

    How are you girly? Better???

    Love to you~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Girlfriend,
    Love this recipe. Oh it sounds so yummy. I love to make applesauce too and Autumn is the perfect time to enjoy it. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I am going to try it next time.

    Hope you are feeling good today. Love to you,
    Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! There is NOTHING like homemade applesauce!!!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Memories of my great-grandmother just came flooding back to me. Peeling apples and making applesauce while babysitting the 5 of us so my parents could go out.
    I'll have to try your recipe, Julie Marie! It sounds so good!!!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Gorgeous!

    What a yummy recipe! I love applesauce but I have never had homemade...thanks for sharing your recipe, can't wait to give it a try!

    Thank you for being such a wonderful and loyal friend to me...love you bunches!

    xoxo
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. always wanted an apple sauce recipe -thanks -love the citrus in it!
    still working on a Barn Chick badge!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made some apple sauce from the N.C. apples we brought home. I always like to try new recipes so when I get some more apples I'll try this one!
    Take Care,
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete