Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Feeling grateful... thinking positive... and looking forward to Autumn...


Hello, I have missed visiting you all... today is the first day in well over a week that I am finally feeling a bit better... I don't want to go into all of the details of my surgery, (who wants to hear all that? I don't!) so will just say it has been a LONG week for me... I am not one to lay around and let others wait on me... but have had to... so, today I am feeling grateful... grateful to God and my guardian angels... to everyone... all of you for your nice emails, comments, thoughts and prayers... my family for taking care of me and never once complaining... I am grateful to the doctors and nurses who took care of me in the hospital, well, except for ONE... she would have made a better prison warden than nurse, but, hey, I will still say something grateful about her... I am grateful she did not have to come home with me and be my nurse! tee hee hee (who would have thought asking for a banana in the hospital was a big deal???)... I am thinking positive about getting better and telling myself my next visit with my doctor will be a good one and he will tell me how to better take care of myself so I don't go through this again... I eat healthy, don't smoke or drink, and I walk so much every day... not sure what more I can do, but I am sure I can make some positive changes for the better...


With that said, the other thing on my mind today is Autumn approaching... Fall is my very favorite time of year and I am excited for it... the photo is of my Honeycrisp apples from last Fall that will arrive shortly at my little fruit stand down the lane... they are just the yummiest ever and make the best pies!... I love the colors of Autumn, and always love to decorate with Nature's bounty, including pumpkins, Indian corn, gourds and such... the air is just crisper in Autumn and the sun's rays seem to have a magical glow about them... Jack and I call it "sweatshirt weather" when the cool morning air on our walks is perfect for a cozy sweatshirt or sweater... I love the smell of woodburning stoves filling the air... my little summer Hummingbirds will be leaving in a few weeks for their long journey South for the winter... I will say a little prayer for their safe return and blow them a kiss goodbye till next Spring... my winter birds will begin to arrive who I love so much too, and our beautiful Bald Eagles will once again migrate back to the Farmington Bay in the Great Salt Lake close by...I feel like today is sort of a new beginning for me in a lot of ways... for these things and more, I am grateful... xoxo



16 comments:

  1. Welcome back dear friend.....I am so very glad all went well for you.

    Kisses and hugs,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are feeling better. Remember to still take it easy for awhile and just enjoy the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are up and moving about! Rest is the best for your body to recharge again.
    Take care of yourself and don't overdo anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Julie Marie!! I am sorry I didn't know I haven't been blogging too much these days and I missed your post re. your kidney stone. I hope you are better. I had one years ago and ended up in the emergency room but it did pass on its own, brutally painful!! I hope you are ok, did they say what caused it. I'm sure you drink tons of water, they also told me possibly too much calcium can cause it. It would make sense in my case because it was right after I had Oliver and I was taking prenatal vitamins and they are loaded with calcium! Please take care of yourself and let me know how you are doing sweetie!!
    Love
    Bunny & Oliver
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you are home feeling better. I know what you mean about the prison warden...there is one in every hospital!

    Hope you are feeling better soon, my sweet friend.

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no Julie....I have been MIA on the blog scene with computer issues and didn't know that you had surgery! Hope you feel a bit better each day my friend. BTW, sweet Murphy most likely has stones of some sort. He's going back to the Vet on Thurs to find out if he needs surgery...poor little guy. Hugs to you....Janet (and Murphy!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALRIGHT JULIE MARIE, your back and that's what matters and I'm glad it's all over for you.

    Big HUgs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are feeling better! Hope to see more of your barn photos soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie Marie,
    I am so, so, so happy to hear you're feeling better. New beginnings are a great thing and it's great you're looking at things that way (always look on the bright side ;)

    Now to celebrate, perhaps you should go have a banana - lol!

    Love the basket full of apples, they're beautiful. Love them w/raspberry yogurt.
    xoxo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julie Marie! So glad you are doing better, I have been thinking about you. Funny when you mention "sweatshirt" weather, over here in Montana, we call it "long pants" weather.....LOL I too look forward to the woodsmoke, cool temps and apples. You keep getting better so that you can enjoy the wonderful Autumn that is on it's way! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you're home my friend. I've thought so much about you and prayers, many of them, went up in your behalf. I've been missin' you!

    Now...I've been away a few days and won't be back for a few more. Needed some ME TIME and some time away from the computer. Just HAD to check in on you though.

    Blessings sweet friend.

    Love to you~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are feeling back to normal soon! Take good care of yourself:)

    Me, too, about autumn! Now that I'm back in my PA home, fall is such a wondrous time of year. Even 4 yrs. back, I wonder at it with the eyes of a child and through the eyes of my kids who have only had 4 yrs. to get used to this beauty.


    Apples, even better! Honeycrisps are delish...Macintoshes are my favs, though:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending you hugs, Julie Marie, and hoping you continue to feel better and better!
    :)
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Julie,
    I am so glad you are doing better and feeling a bit stronger. Talking to you today just feeled me with joy to hear your voice.
    I love your post and especially your dreams of the next season. Fall is a very favorite of mine as well and I love sweatshirt weather too.
    Your apple pic is very inspiring and your courage and positive outlook is so refreshing.
    You are a blessing to me dear friend.
    Love to you,
    Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. glad that you are back. just do whatever you need to do to continue to a road to health. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julie
    Glad all went well, are they going to analyze your stone t see what it was made up of? Helps when you know to adjust your diet around it. I've had so many i give up, mine are just hereditary and well I'm a little guilty of not enough fluids in hot weather! Can I ask, do you live in MI? I'm in IN. Take care and rest, I truly know what you mean!! Lori

    ReplyDelete