Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do You Love Apples Like I Do?... and Yummy Apple Recipes?...


Who doesn't love apples! I don't know anyone who doesn't... and as Fall is nearing, soon yummy apples will be everywhere!... Karen, my friend at Brayton Homestead Interiors, who I have named the Barn Chick Queen, and who hosted our recent Barn Chicks Party post is up to something fun again!... we all had such a marvelous time at the Barn Chicks party, Karen is setting up monthly meetings... alot of the ladies, including myself have already signed up... the next meeting (post) will be Friday, September 3rd, and the theme this time is "Barns and Apples"... everyone will be posting more of their favorite barns, apples of all sorts, and LOTS of yummy recipes using apples... what could be more fun!...(this is my favorite little fruit and veggie stand in the photo below... I can walk to it!)...


So, git out your boots... I shall wear my black ones this time I do believe...

And put on your hat...


And join the party!... you don't have to post a barn, maybe just your favorite apple recipe, or apple collectibles or such... hmmm... I am already thinking about MY favorite apple recipes and can't wait to share them with y'all!... Be sure to sign up on Karen's blog (linked above) for another fun day in the country!... xoxo Barn Chick Julie Marie


12 comments:

  1. I am so excited for fall. I can't wait for the scent of apples in the oven with a hint of cinnamon....yummy!!! I am right there with ya girlfriend, Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie,
    Sooo happy to see you up and about and feeling like your MARVELOUS, BEAUTIFUL self again !! Mighty pretty cow girlie you are, I must say !! Can't wait to see ALL the apple recipes .. Yummy, my mouth is already watering :)

    Hoping your week-end is a relaxing and enjoyable one .. Always soo happy to visit you ~
    HuGs ~TeA~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow missed that you were having surgery! It looks like you are recovering (Thank God!) and I'm so happy to see that. Sending you hugs and wishes for continuing speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like so much fun, Julie Marie. I have to think about what I could post!

    Love those boots!! ;-D

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall, apples, & barns...it doesn't get much better than that, does it??!!! I can't wait for our annual visit to Ellijay, the apple capital of North GA. They have a festival, wonderful orchards & the BEST apple fritters! YUM!!!!!!
    PS..LOVE your outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it will be lots of fun!

    I am getting so excited for fall...especially since this time around I will have my very own home to decorate! Fall is absolutely my favorite...just wish it could last a lot longer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, Julie Marie!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Julie Marie,
    I love your header with those delightfully cheery sunflowers! Ahhh fall is coming and I can smell the apple cider already. I love apples in any way shape or form. Is there anything sweeter and cozier than barns, farms and apple picking!! That is what I grew up doing and still do every September at Fo'Castle Farms in upstate NY. I'll try to get pictures when I get back up there. Next door at Lakeside Farm they have a 'cider witch' that comes out on the roof and throws candy to all the kids, I went when I was little and my entire family and I go every October, I can't wait. As always your posts delight me and remind me of 'home'
    xoxo
    Bunny
    Love Love Love the black boots and your are gorgeous in your hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie Marie
    Autumn is my favourite season & just seeing all the Autumnal colours in your post makes me smile :-) Love apples too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to check that out. This summer has been so hot, humid, and yucky that I'm glad for fall. Fall is my favorite time of the year anyway. I did get a bunch of apples a couple of weeks ago so I made apple sauce, canned apples, apple butter, and I think I appled the week out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie,
    I love apples too. The best part of Fall is apples, cider, pies and oh my gosh, now I am hungry for an apple. LOL

    The party sounds like fun. I will have to think about joining in. You know it becomes my very busy time of year, so it may not work, but I sure look forward to visiting.

    Love your black boots and you gorgeous girl in my favorite hat!!

    I love your new header too. .
    XO Celestina Marie XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your hat and boots for this month's meeting -so stylish -so fallish! how are you Barn Chick 2?
    cannot wait to asee your post. I am sure it will be wonderful!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete