Friday, August 20, 2010

Blissful Lingering Days of Summer... and Gifts From the Heart...


This darling little Native American handcarved burnished cedar bear is a gift to me from my niece Liz... in Native American belief, the bear is a symbol of strength...isn't that the cutest little bear face you ever saw?... thanks Liz!... I love him!...and I know he will help me keep getting my strength back!...

As the days of summer are waning I am savoring every moment of the sunshine and blue skies... my flowerbeds are in a state of change themselves... summer blooms are beginning to fade as Autumn's Chrysanthemums are covered in rusty~orange buds, just waiting to burst open in a glorious Fall display...subtle changes are everywhere... like many of you, Autumn is my very favorite time of year...so many beautiful things to look forward to... and so many wonderful friends to be thankful for... today I received several packages delivered to me... the first one was from my dear friend Celeste of Celestina Marie Designs... I have posted often, most recently in my Barn Chicks Party post, about "my" barn... (it's not really mine, but I pretend it is! We walk past it each morning on our Nature walk)... Talented Celeste took an image of my photo of "my" barn and created the most stunning heart~shaped treasure box for me...all hand~painted with gorgeous leaves and vines and apples in front... I am overwhelmed!... Celeste created this just for ME!... knowing how much I love this old barn, and how much I also love her creations!...Karen, who hosted our Barn Chicks Party, is having another Barn Chicks meeting post coming up on September 3rd, all about Barns and Apples... I can't wait to show off my exquisite treasure box in that post as well!...

Celeste also sent me a pretty card by my favorite Nature artist, Marjolein Bastin, a wonderful little book entitled "Words to Warm a Woman's Heart", this darling little birdie demitasse set...

a beautiful silk bouquet, with a little tag that even has "my" barn on it...thank you so much Celeste... I am truly speechless...

I also received a package from another dear friend, Tracie at My Petite Maison... Tracie sent me the most wonderful book called "The Heirloom Tomato Cookbook"... Tracie and I both love yummy fresh vegetables and healthy food and I can't wait to try some of the recipes... the book is also full of wonderful photographs, gardening tips, wine pairings and tomato lore... one of the little presents said "For Julie and Jack" and inside was this fabulous cd called "Music for Two Hearts" that is from a winery she used to work at... I can't wait to play it!...

And knowing I am French, and loving EVERYTHING French, dear Tracie sent me this beautiful little Virgin Mary from France...oh Tracie, this is so very dear to me and I shall cherish it always... Tracie is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met, like Celeste, and they are always thinking of others...Merci to you too sweet Zeke!... and big doggie kisses!...

Fairly recently I met another new friend, Sheila from Blessed and Distressed...I found Sheila's blog through Kelly's blog at Farmstead Lifestyle when I bought my gorgeous vintage white cowgirl boots... Sheila gives classes at some of the workshops at the Farm... I ordered one of her beautiful "Faith" stamped metal art pieces that she was doing an upcoming class on... when it arrived, I was so excited, it is gorgeous!... Sheila sent me some wonderful little gifts as well... vintage seed packets, vintage Bingo card, vintage lace, and beautiful beaded earrings she created... thank you so much Sheila!... you are so kind...and I love everything...

All of these gifts came to me straight from the heart of these caring ladies and I love you all!... I am doing much better after my surgery and getting back to my old self...Merci! for all of my get~well wishes and gifts!... xoxo


11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow girly girl...you've got sooo many people who LOVE YOU! How blessed you are!

How blessed WE ARE to call you friend.

I'm sooo glad you are getting better. Miss K is coming over tonight. She wrote you a note...will send it this week!

Love to you~

Rebecca

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Julie,
Oh I am so glad you are feeling better. How fun for you today to receive gifts from the heart. Traci is such a dear and how wonderful it will be to make the recipes and listen to the music. I love the Virgin Mary statue. What a special keepsake. Just like Tracie to be so thoughtful.

And Sheila sent you the most precious treasures too. I love the vintage seed packets. I just know you will find little ways to display your goodies.

I am glad you like your barn heart box. Have fun reading your book.
Enjoy the weekend and continue to feel better sweetie.
Blessings to you always.
Love you, Celestina Marie

Dawn said...

Special gifts for a special lady...you are a treasure and so many realize that.
Enjoy all your goodies and recoup fast.

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh Julie Marie.....what pretty things you have received from those loving friends.

Glad you are on the mend and will soon be back to your "young" self!!!

(O:(O:

Jo

Sandi said...

Sweet gifts girl!! You just HAVE to make the tomato bisque in your cookbook. It is delicious!! I won that book when Tracie had a giveaway awhile back and I love it!
Hugs~

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Julie, Me again!
I love the little bear from Liz. I did not see it on my last visit and he is adorable and perfect for you. What a delightful get well gift and special keepsake from your niece.

Have a great evening and better weekend then last.
Hugs XO Celestina Marie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Oh my goodness, Julie Marie,
What a nice day for you, gifts from the heart are the very best & you are so sweet to all of us ladies.

Celestina Marie is one very thoughtful lady and I know she must have put a lot of love and time into your perfect gift ~ your beautiful barn!

How sweet for Sheila to send you those wonderful gifts, also perfect for you and what you love. And Liz and that beautiful bear, so very precious in your lovely house!

I really hope I got it all in and remembered everyone. You are a very kind-hearted person and it always comes through in your posts, emails and all that you share here with us.

Okay... now, YOU made my day! While I was out gardening away and making a huge mess you left me a beautiful voicemail. Merci, merci, merci! You sound just as I thought you would. I am so sorry I missed your call but will chat w/you next week (if you're available ;) I can have my people (Zeke) schedule w/your people. I'm so happy you like your little package from My Petite Maison, we all send special wishes from here to you.
Now make sure you take it easy ;)
L'amour à vous, chere Julie Marie!
xo~Tracie

A Vintage Chic said...

Such lovely gifts, Julie--from equally lovely friends!

Speaking of gifts, I just received that wonderful cookbook yesterday--filled to the brim with delicious recipes! Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness & generosity---especially when you weren't feeling well!

Hope your weekend is wonderful!

Julie

Amy Arnaz said...

It's obvious ~ you are loved!
xoxo Amy

Sheila Rumney said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying your Faith necklace! And look at all the lovely treasures you received.

Enjoy your summer and so glad you are feeling better.

Hugs and blessings to you.

*Ulrike* said...

Such sweetness in blog land! You definitely deserve it, and I'm glad to hear that you are doing so much better!!
Take Care,
Ulrike