Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Dog Days of Summer...


I grew up with the saying that this incredibly HOT HOT time of year is called "the dog days of summer"...you know, when it is just too darn hot to do much of anything!... I decided to interview some of my doggie pals and see how they are handling the heat. First, I asked my sister Jill and her family's Yorkie Pico... Pico said...


"I just grin and BARE it!"...

Next I asked Dino, my daddy's Italian Greyhound who my niece Filly inherited when my daddy passed away, but we all consider him ours... Dino said...

"I try to take my Nature walks early in the morning or later in the evening when it is not so hot... I don't have much hair and I sunburn easily, so I always wear a tee shirt... I try to behave on my walks so they will take me to get a hamburger or an ice cream"...

Next, I chatted with "Stormie", a Border Collie I rescued and my sister Jill and her family welcomed her into their home... Stormie said...

"I LOVE to roll in the cool grass and have my tummy scratched!"...

"Scrappy" belongs to my niece Liz...like Pico, Scrappy is Yorkie and ???... Scrappy said...

"This is me, doing my award winning style of "dog paddling" in the pool!"...

Next up, "Pita" my neighbor's Pomeranian... Pita replied...

"I love to come visit Julie and Jack... it is nice and cool inside their house and they give me treats"...

Then I caught up with "Piper" another neighbor's Papillion as she was going for her walk... Piper answered...

"This HOT summer sun makes even MORE freckles on my nose!"...

Then "DeeDee", the French Poodle (with her mom Cherie in the background trying soo hard to get her to hold still for me to photo!)... DeeDee said...


"I just LOVE this French twist Julie did for me the other day... it really does keep me alot cooler with my hair "up"... and I feel sooo pretty in ribbons and lace... it brings out the French in me!"...

Last to be interviewed are the two little Jack Russell puppies we visit each morning on our walk... Lily and Olive... the girls said...

"Dog days???... what's dog days???... hey!... is there a puppy days???"...

So now you have the latest "scoop" on dog days!... (How could I have paw~sibly just said that!)... Hope you are staying cool wherever you are!... xoxo



21 comments:

Deb {Posted from} Home said...

My favourite kind of day is a dog day :-) Beautiful post & photos Julie Marie ♥

Vicki said...

Hi, Julie Marie,
This was a "doggone" cute post, and I enjoyed meeting all of your sweet doggie friends!! Each one gave us wonderful advice for beating this heat!! We are having some scorchers here in Central Texas, too. We are having rain showers all around so I am praying for one to blow my way. Hope you have had a blessed Sunday, sweet friend. Thank you for the kind comments you always leave on my posts. You always brighten my day. Love and hugs~ Vicki

My Grama's Soul said...

Happy Sunday to you dear friend.......Loved this post about the pups and the heat......You know it was a little hot when we were in Utah......but NOTHING.....compares to good ole' AZ heat. We have gone much further north and it does seem to be getting a little cooler. It seems like this summer we are simply chasing the cool weather.

Hugs,

Jo

Dawn said...

How could you go wrong asking these adorable pooches? Love your visit with all these adorable furry ones. Thanks for sharing.
Pippie says hello

Sandi said...

Cute little doggies!! Yes we are most certainly in the dog days of summer. It is supposed to be a little cooler for us this week {in the 80's} so I am very thankful for that!!
Blessings~

Rebecca said...

You are hysterical. :) :) :) I loved this post and I LOVE YOUR MUSE! You always make me smile my sweet friend.

And...I LOVE SMILING!

xoRebecca

koralee said...

The dogs in your life are soooo sweet...yes..the dog days of Summer have hit our home too. xox

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Julie Marie, I loved this post, it was soooooo cute!!! Blessings~~~ Daphne

Chambray Blue said...

I just love it when dogs talk. Mine does too, you know. Gracie actually writes in her own diary. I know... seems impossible right? hehe. Anyway. This post was so very adorable!! Thanks for sharing, I'm glad to find your blog.

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Julie,
Oh I just adore this post and your creative writing. All the pups are just adorable. I could hug them all.

I asked Miss B what she thought, and of course she said, "go for a swim". LOL!!
It is really hot here again and all weekend was blazin too.

Sure enjoyed this adorable post my friend and you sure lifted my day as I am swamped. But in a few more days, vacation will be here. YEAH!!

Talk to you soon.
Big hugs,
XO Celestina Marie

Sheila Rumney said...

What a cute post!!! Just look at all the cute doggies!

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

I love the doggie interviews and I think that they all did a terrific job. They should all get a doggie treat!! Maureen.

Rose said...

very cute post. did the dogs all want a treat after you interviewed them?

Amy Arnaz said...

Julie Marie~
My favorite photo is the swimming dog. Cute. And I love your new header with the pretty quilt. Your creativity is luscious. xoxo Amy

Mari said...

HELLO JULIE MARIE,

OMG!!! WHAT A FUNNY AND TOTALLY AWESOME POST, I'M SUCH A DOG LOVER, SO THIS IS A POST AFTER MY VERY HEART!!! I WISH YOU COULD INTERVIEW MY SWEET PEBBLES....LOL

HUGS TO YOU SWEET BLOGGY FRIEND~XOX~MARI

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

This is just the cutest post ever! I loved each interview and I'm with Piper (I think it was Piper) about the freckles, except I use sunscreen so I don't get any more ;)
Sorry if it wasn't Piper and I got the name incorrect... mind not what it used to be - lol!

Ooh, Julie Marie... there are 2 Jack Russell Terriers on my walk too! I don't know they're names, just go by and say "hi puppies", not Shayne's favorite part of the walk (oh here she goes again, he thinks). Happy night, watching TBA here... Touched by an Angel.
Love to you ~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Just noticed you have Mary Jane's Farm magazine on your header. I can't find it here!! May have to send for a subscription, do you like it a lot? xoxo ~moi

Zuzu said...

He-heeee, too cute Julie Marie!!! Loved this!
Hugs,
Zuzu

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

You have the most wonderful doggies living in your neighborhood...
Tis the time of the season to find a shady spot, put your toes in a kiddie pool and daydream about the snow that will be falling before you know it.
Susan x

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

You have the most wonderful doggies living in your neighborhood...
Tis the time of the season to find a shady spot, put your toes in a kiddie pool and daydream about the snow that will be falling before you know it.
Susan x

Alice W. said...

So cute Julie! Love the pic of Scrappy in the pool...Renoir is jealous...swimming is his favorite. He loves to go to lakes and streams and pull the rocks out {why? we don't really know but he LOVES it}.

Renoir stays cool by sleeping under the couch ;)

Sorry it has been so long since I have been here...I miss you! Hope you are enjoying a beautiful summer dear friend!