Friday, June 25, 2010

"A Rose by any other name...

...would smell as sweet"... ~William Shakespeare... spoken by Juliet in Romeo and Juliet... what does that mean, you ask? It means "what matters is what something is... not what it is called"... here's a little peek at some of my roses blooming in my gardens today... I shall, however, tell you names of some... "Cupcake"...

"The Fairy"...

"Cinderella"...

"Cinderella"...

"The Fairy"...

"Cupcake"...

"Cinderella"...

"Pretty in Pink"...

"Cinderella"... (Cinderella ranges from light peach to deeper coral on the same bush!)...

Okay, I know sometimes I can be a little silly... all right, I can be ALOT silly... as I was taking these photos, I thought this little "Fairy" rosebud looked like she was sticking her tongue out at me! ...

While "Cinderella" looked like she was giving me a kiss! ...

Wishing you a beautiful day... and sending you oodles of rosy kisses! ... xoxo



9 comments:

  1. Good morning friend.....Your roses are soooooo....beautiful. Mine suffer so in the summer!!

    By the way......I am loving that picture in your header. I presume it was taken by you!

    Hugs,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jo for your kind words... yes, I took my header photo... I take all of my own photos. With RARE exception, I will post one that is not my own... that is my front porch on my header with Sweet Williams from my garden... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are just beautiful as all get out. What stunning close ups.
    Love the walk through the garden today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie Marie,
    You are truly an angel...Always so sweet, kind and caring. I know I've been a little MIA. I haven't been feeling quite like myself lately...Unfortunately,I've had more bad days than good...Finally decided it's time to go to the doctor's to see what's up. Thank you my dear for always being so sweet to me. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Oh, by the way, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all your gorgeous roses...

    Rose kisses right back atcha,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...your roses are so beautiful!! I love seeing raindrops on flowers. You've taken some gorgeous pictures.

    I like your header, too! That chippy little chair is SO cute!

    Have a great weekend, my friend!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie Marie,
    Your roses are simply breathtaking! I can almost smell them! I love the ones with little water droplets. They seem to cool you off on this hot summer day.

    Kelly
    Second Hand Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful roses. I love your silliness. It makes you so special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your roses! They're so healthy looking; I can tell they love where they live and love who takes care of them. You're an excellent photographer, I love visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie Marie,
    Yes I see it too. The tongue sticking out and the little kiss on the rose buds. I love it. So much to take in with a rose. Your blooms are gorgeous. I love them all and all the colors and names.

    Your garden is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing the beauty that surrounds you dear friend.
    XO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete