Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lazing Away the Day...


Do you have special places you like to go... secret places to slip away for awhile? ... I do... I have several spots I love to wander away to... one is the stream, just around the corner and down the lane from my home... today Mama Duck and I spent some quality time together there...


I asked her if I might take some photos of her, she looked so pretty, I wanted to show her off on my blog... she thought that sounded nice, so she began posing for me...

She too said she was enjoying a lazy day at the stream... nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see...

Would I like a cool sip of water?... well, yes, but I shall take mine from my little water bottle I brought with me while you savor the cool, crisp stream water...

Mama Duck said it was a perfect day for lazily paddling around in the stream... enjoying some quiet time before the three Daddy Ducks who are vying for her attention fly in...

I told her I could see why she had so many Daddy Ducks falling in love with her...

You are beautiful Mama Duck... we'll chat again soon! ... xoxo



5 comments:

  1. great pics have a good day.rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie Marie,
    What beautiful pictures from your walk again .. It must be wonderful to walk to such beautiful, serene places .. You are soo blessed .. I LoVe taking my walks too ..
    just feels good to breathe the fresh air in the early mornings, or late evenings .. the sounds too, soo comforting and summer like ..

    Hope you had a wonderful week-end my friend ~
    BiG HuGs
    ~tea~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, dear friend,
    I enjoyed my visit with you and Mama Duck. She is a true beauty, and I, too, can see why those Daddy Ducks want her attention. Enjoy your holiday weekend, Julie Marie. I am thankful to your dear daddy and all those who have served our nation so bravely and faithfully. Love and blessings~ Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie Marie,
    What a great way to spend some time. I much prefer watching the birds outside my window to anything that's on television.
    Nature is just so much more entertaining.

    Kelly
    Second Hand Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! I love going on your walks with you!
    I have a stream - well . . . kind of. It's about a mile away - but you've inspired me!!!
    :) HAGD! Karen

    ReplyDelete