Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A little fairy~tale for you...


Do you believe in fairies?... I do... Monday I drove down the back winding road, and along the little country lane to one of my favorite little out of the way shops... here, fairies and elves live amongst the plants and flowers for sale... of course some had to come home with me! ...

Did you know ...

A beautiful fairy is reading from a book of Fairy Tales to a sweet little bunny and teeny fairy who is holding up the book for her..., a little toadstool close by...

Fairy~bunny seems enthralled by the fairy tale...

Would you like to know what it says? ...


"The woods are full of fairies,
The trees are all alive,
The river overflows with them,
See how they dip and dive!
What funny little fellows,
What dainty little dears,
They dance and leap,
And prance and peep,
And utter fairy cheers" ~Unknown xoxo



13 comments:

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Julie, I LOVE this piece so much! My gosh, if I had seen it, I would have bought it too! I love it! One of the sweetest things I have ever seen. And I love the way you wrote this post!
Hugs,
Amy

Vicki said...

Hi, Julie Marie,
That is the sweetest fairy, elf and little bunny. The poem is wonderful and fits the statue so perfectly. I know you will find the perfect place in your garden for it. Have a week full of fairy tale wishes! Vicki

Rebecca said...

I love little Fairies! Sweet, innocent and so beautiful!

Of COURSE I'll do a Sachet for you without scent!

xoRebecca

Brenda-shabbycatsandroses said...

This is the cutest & sweetest thing ever! How adorable is that :) So precious!

Marsha (Sassy Mini Dolls) said...

So sweet! They are going to be so happy in their new home!! I dunno if you saw my latest doll . . . a Bag Lady :)

xxoo

Julie said...

Oh, how sweet, Julie! If I'd seen that in the shop, it would have come home with me, too! I absolutely love that! What a wonderful little poem, too--just perfect!

Hope you're having a beautiful night!

Dawn said...

Fun, fun, fun...I love the little people and the magical fairies that grace the gardens and the woods. Maybe the summer be filled with them.
Hugz sweetie!

Zuzu said...

Adorable! I do believe there are fairies living here in the woods. I'll show you their shoes on the first of June when they are hanging in the shadows.
Hugs,
Zuzu

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I believe in fairies! Love all your whimsical photos too Julie Marie. Your posts remind me of when my dad would read fairy tales to me as a child (they have that same magical feeling about them) ~ thank you for that, I hadn't thought about it for a very long time.
xoxo~Tracie

Sandi said...

Hi Julie Marie,
This is so cute!!! I adore the fairy saying. May I borrow it to use sometime...somewhere...who knows what for!! lol
Hugs~

Duchess of Tea said...

Adorable darling and yes my luv I do believe in fairies.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

June said...

I definitely believe!!! I just know that they are flitting about in my garden all Summer! Your little stature is so lovely Julie Marie.
hugs

Rella said...

Do I believe in faeries? Oh, my, yes. I'm enchanted, actually.

xox Rella
faerieluna.blogspot.com