Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Dream Flea Market Day...

Today I went on a fabulous treasure hunt... I found sooo many beautiful things... gorgeous Nippon cups and saucers, Lefton bluebirds sugar and creamer... complete set of Trixie Belden books... Victoria magazines (original Victorias)... an old box camera, porcelain elves... a silverplated creamer and sugar set... sooo much more... and the best part... I didn't spend a penny!... you see, my treasure hunt was here in my own home... I have been keeping a list of things I wanted to find, things that I packed away when we moved not quite a year ago and today I decided to host my own "flea market''... you know, the kind you dream of going to, where there are goodies galore and you are the only one there... so off to the basement I went, sorting through boxes and boxes I had packed away... uncovering secret hidden treasures... I am sooo tired tonight, so I decided to photograph everything tomorrow... right now... I will savor a cup of Lady Grey tea and an English biscuit... won't you join me... back real soon to share my "finds" from my own "invitation only" flea market... xoxo



11 comments:

  1. AAAHHH!!!! The bestest kinds of treasure...those we already have!
    Happy day Julie Marie.
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I love this! The best kind of shopping can be found in one's own home! I did a TINY bit of junking today. Found a sweet oval mirror from the 1920's for $20 and tiny set of salt and pepper shakers (nothing fancy but I loved them!) and a neat set of shutters for my little mall space. Most of the estate sales were SAD! Overpriced and stripped bare before they began.

    Love to you JulieMarie...I love to visit!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Julie Marie,
    I can't wait to see all your beautiful treasures. Oh and how I dream of that flea market, where you're the only there and get first pick at all the wonderful treasures...Sigh! Anyway, I'm a bit tired tonight too...been working hard out in the "garden" and I would love to join you for a cup of tea and English biscuit. Yummy. Have a wonderful weekend my friend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see all that you found. Enjoy your tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when I go through things I have stashed away for some reason and rediscover so many treasures... I am glad you had fun at your private flea market... Happy hunting...

    Love Filly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julie...I can not wait to see your treasures...they sound amazing!

    And I would love to join you for tea!

    Love and hugs my Sweet Friend!
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweet Julie Marie,
    Sounds like the PERFECT, fun, shopping spree .. I'm so happy you found hidden, stored away treasures, that were uncovered, and make your heart smile!!I do this alot too, I put things away, and than dig through boxes to find something special .. I always seem to be oohhing and aahhing over something I had almost forgotten about .. Soo happy you had a wonderful day, and can't wait to see your pictures .. I'll be right over for tea sweet friend ~
    Big hugs ~tea~xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the best kind of treasure hunt! Can't wait to see all your treasures!

    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful treasures! What a great flea market day you had and so perfect, too. You didn't have to travel far, everything you found you love and you sure can't beat the prices. I 'd love to see all your goodies.
    Blessings,
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my -- the choicest items - great selection - perfect colors - NO PARKING issues or crabby shoppers. What a FANTASTIC at-home flea market. Looking forward to seeing your treasures. Should I bring the shortbread biscuits?
    Hugs!
    Betty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, the perfect place to explore!!
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete